[artinfo] Now and Forever: Towards a Theory and History of the Loop

Beöthy Balázs b2 at c3.hu
Sat Mar 25 17:22:00 CET 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:     [im] Now and Forever: Towards a Theory and History of the Loop
From:     Tilman Baumgärtel (by way of János Sugár)
<mail at tilmanbaumgaertel.net>

Dear all,
my book
"Now and Forever: Towards a Theory and History of the Loop.
A Secret Acoustic History of the 20th Century"
has just been published by Zero Books.
I use this opportunity to send an interview that Geert Lovink did with
me when the German version of the book came out in 2016.

Tilman

https://networkcultures.org/geert/2016/11/23/dancing-to-the-loop-interview-with-tilman-baumgartel/

Tilman Baumgärtel (PhD) is a writer. He lives in Berlin and teaches
media studies at Hochschule Mainz. He has written or edited nine books
on various aspect of media culture, including internet art, computer
games, the aesthetics of loops and the director Harun Farocki.
Tilman Baumgärtel, Schleifen, Zur Geschichte und ästhetik des Loops,
Kulturverlag Kadmos, Berlin, 2015. <http://www.loopsbuch.org>.
Tilman Baumgärtel, A Reader on International Media Piracy: Pirate
Essays. Amsterdam University Press, 2015

Geert Lovink is a media theorist, internet critic, and director of the
Institute of Network Cultures in Amsterdam.
Geert Lovink, n.d. "The Theory of Mixing: An Inventory of Amsterdam Free
Radio Techniques".
<http://www.mediamatic.net/5750/en/the-theory-of-mixing>. (Accessed Oct
10 2016).