[artinfo] "Museums in Libya 2.0" Project Available Online

lamusediffuse lamusediffuse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:38:34 CEST 2007

   Dear all,
   After several months of intense and exciting work, the project "
   [1]Museums in Libya 2.0" is already available on the Internet and we
   are looking forward your feedback.
   [2]lamusediffuse proposes the use of Social Web tools for the
   inclusion of non-dominant cultural expressions in the scopes of
   culture diffusion on the Internet. Accordingly with this objective,
   the project "Museums in Libya" is focused on two starting facts, the
   first is the lack of information about Libyan museums available in the
   website of the International Council of African Museums ([3]AFRICOM)
   [4]and the second is the apparent lack of museum websites in this
   country. As a consequence of this, the objective of our project has
   been overcoming both realities through the following actions,

     * Overcoming the gaps of Web 1.0 by using a methodology based on
       [5]Web 2.0[6] tools as a flexible, interactive and participative
       alternative option of information exchange,
     * Proving Social Web academic usefulness and its tools as a valid
       and effective research tool,
     * Palliating the lack of contents on Libyan museums on [7]AFRICOM
       website by compiling, contrasting and structuring the information
       available on the Internet about the subject,
     * Elaborating a reference map where gathering and locating the
       museums of Libya,
     * Raising awareness about the online institutional forgetfulness
       situation of Libyan Museums at the present time in comparison with
       others in the rest of the world,
     * Creating a methodological model for small museums and museums of
       developing countries or under conflict situations, reasonable in
       economic and maintenance terms,
     * Encouraging museum professionals to Web 2.0 tools use as an
       economic, simple and effective solution to overcome any lack of
       computer science personnel or tools and digital technology,
     * Emphasizing the importance and role of the Jamahiriya Museum of
       Tripoli and improving its online visibility for both international
       and local audiences,
     * Finally, creating a reference document on the Libyan museums that
       will be published under a Creative Commons license of attribution
       and for noncommercial use,

   You can find more details about this project on [8]lamusediffuse's
   website.
   >From now on you can enjoy the wonderful Libyan museums strolling
   through the [9]interactive map , where you will find information on
   each museum provided by our collaborators and Social Web users. Do not
   forget also consulting our [10]wiki and updating it with new data.
   Besides, you can collaborate sharing your photos of Libyan museums
   including them in our group in Flickr, [11]e-artcasting.
   Finally, you can check the [12]presentation we have made to present
   the project on next July 11 at the [13]Medialab of Madrid (Spain,)
   within the [14]Inclusiva.net encounter: New Art Dynamics in Web 2
   mode. You can consult the references of the project in lamusediffuse's
   [15]del.icio.us account.
   We are looking forward your feedback!
   Best,
   Pilar Gonzalo