[artinfo] re: Call for Submissions/CESTA's 12th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary Collaborations

Adele Eisenstein adele at c3.hu
Thu Sep 14 00:18:40 CEST 2006

Please feel free to forward this to those who may be interested.

WASTE

CESTA's 12th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary Collaborations
August 2007

"The greatest wastes are unused talents and untried ideas." - William
Shakespeare

Without question, waste is a polemic. We treat the object with
abandon and the concept with contempt. But waste is full of
complexities, and resting in these complexities are dichotomies,
integral to development.

We can consider waste as:

everyone's
something
valued
product
natural
necessary
beneficial
an icon for growth
a harbinger of the future

AND

no one's
nothing
ignored
by-product
artificial
useless
toxic
a monument to decay
a residuum of history

For WASTE, CESTA invites artists in all disciplines to collaborate in
creating works which seek to define the origins, ramifications, uses
and abuses of one the most ubiquitous and prevalent elements in our
behavior and environment.

CESTA's festival themes and parameters of cross-national
interdisciplinary collaborations represent the center's commitment to
improving communication through creative expression. We base our
selection of artists on a review of applications resulting from our
annual open call. Applicants request CESTA to connect them with one
or more collaboration partners or apply as a pre-formed collaboration group.

For WASTE all final festival collaboration groups must be:

1) Cross-national: more than one nationality
2) Interdisciplinary: more than one artistic medium
3) Collaborative: conceptualizing and creating interdependent artistic work
AND must contain work created exclusively for WASTE.

Festival Application Deadline: November 15, 2006 (postmarked for
material submitted by post)

On-site collaborations in progress:                     August 1-23
Presentations of participants' past
work:                                     August 10-15
Seminars, workshops and educational programs on the festival theme:August 10-15
Final presentations of the collaboration
groups:                           August 24-26
Daily reviews of the presentations:                     August 25-27
Festival closing forum:              August 27

For application guidelines, forms or other information, please visit
our website or contact us at:

CESTA
Novakova 387, Tabor 39001, Czech Republic
tel: +420-381-258-004
<mailto:>cesta at mbox.vol.cz
www.cesta.cz