[artinfo] REAL PRESENCE Belgrade Invitation

tijana stepanovic tijana.stepanovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:53:55 CEST 2006

REAL PRESENCE - GENERATION 2006

20. – 31. August 2006

MUSEUM OF APPLIED ART, BELGRADE

INVITATION

Dear friends,

We would like to inform you that Real Presence 6 – an international workshop
of young artists and art students will be held in Belgrade from 20th to 31st
of August 2006.

Active program consists of student workshop and everyday groups or
individual presentations, discussions, and other free activities (music,
dance, performances, cooking etc.)

Real Presence 6 workshop will be taking place in the Museum of Applied Arts
and different other exhibitive spaces and public spaces of the city of
Belgrade.

For your stay in Belgrade we are offering double rooms in the student's
hotel and dinner that will be provided through the organization, but, we are
proposing also, as it was organized in last years, dinner sessions prepared
by different group of guests. In our invitation are not included travel
costs.

More information regarding accommodation, payment of the participation fee
and workshop program will follow.

We would like to inform you that all the guests coming to Belgrade do not
need visa.

We will be very happy to welcome you in Belgrade, for all friends to see
them again, for new ones to meet them and wish them to enjoy our beautiful
city.

While waiting for your reply, we thank you in advance,

Biljana Tomic and Dobrila Denegri

For more information > www.real-presence.org

Biljana Tomic, Dr. Ivana Ribara 113/3, 11070 Novi Beograd, Serbia,
btomicka at eunet.yu / phone/fax ++381.11.2158948 / Dobrila Denegri, Via Angelo
Tittoni 4, 00153 Rome, Italy, dobrila.denegri at fastwebnet.it / phone:
++39.06. 5806724

Application sheet follows:

REAL PRESENCE - GENERATION 2005

20 – 31. August 2006

MUSEUM OF APPLIED ART, BELGRADE

APPLICATION FOR THE PARTICIPATION AT THE REAL PRESENCE 6

Real Presence - Generations 2001/02/03/04/05 curated by Biljana Tomic and
Dobrila Denegri was a huge international multimedia workshop and meeting of
young artists and students from East and West European Art Academies after
ten years of war, political crisis and cultural isolation of Serbia and
Montenegro. In this time of transition there is necessity to bridge the gaps
and re-establish contacts and cultural dialogue between Serbia & Montenegro
and other countries, so previous editions of Real Presence involved emerging
generations of artists coming from different cultural backgrounds and
working in different media. In the five editions took part about 1000 young
artists coming from numerous Art Academies and countries (Albania, Austria,
Bulgaria, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Great
Britain, Holland, Hungary, Island, Italy, Latvia, Macedonia, Mexico, Poland,
Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland…)
during the ten days workshop and exhibition in Belgrade.

This year will take place fifth edition of Real Presence, from 20th till
31st of August 2006 continuing the idea of creating a meeting point for
emerging generations of artists from Art Academies of European and other
countries that will realize and present performances, actions, lectures, web
projects, video and on site installations, painting and sculpture, affirm
their actual possibilities to move freely and openly within different
disciplines, media and expressive languages, and articulate new, fresh and
real positions, attitudes, concepts and reflections on global and individual
life and reality.

Artists who are interested in taking part in Real Presence 6 should send
application to the address > btomicka at eunet.yu or
dobrila.denegri at fastwebnet.it  > to the attention of Biljana Tomic and / or
Dobrila Denegri till 30th of July 2006/

indicating >

name and surname /

nationality /

Year of birth /

private address + phone + e-mail /

school or academy address /

class (year and professor) /

dates of staying in Belgrade /

Participation fee: 50 €

Send us back the applications as soon as possible. Thank you.

Real Presence 6 offers: hospitality in student-hotels and food for
approximately 100 persons; the workshop/ exhibiting space, presentation of
videos and documentary materials of participants, realisation of exhibition
in the Museum of Applied Arts and other spaces in the city.