[artinfo] Red Stick Animation Festival

Susan Ryan susaneryan at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 3 15:57:39 CET 2004

The Red Stick International Animation Festival has extended it's
submission deadline.  All material for the festival must be postmarked
by December 15, 2004 in order to be considered.

The festival is being hosted by the LSU Laboratory for Creative Arts &
Technologies. a unit of the LSU Center for Computation & Technology.
The festival is currently soliciting submissions to the festival in the
following categories:

- 2D Animation
- 3D Animation
- Experimental/Abstract Animation
- Scientific Visualization
- Animation for Games

Please visit our website at http://www.lcat.lsu.edu/redstick/ for
information about the festival and to submit works for consideration.
Submissions will be accepted now through December 15, 2004.

We are proud to announce that our festival partners include the Animex
International Animation Festival, Louisiana Public Broadcasting, the
Louisiana Office of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, the Louisiana
Division of the Arts, the Louisiana Film Commission, the Louisiana Art
& Science Museum, and the Shaw Center for the Arts.  Our confirmed
speakers include Ed Hooks (Acting for Animators), Curtis Jobling
(creator of Bob the Builder, and Frankenstein's Cat), Rachelle Lewis
(Sony Pictures Imageworks Animation), Mark Walsh (Pixar), and Stuart
Sumida (animation consultant to Dreamworks and Disney).

For more information, see our website at
http://www.lcat.lsu.edu/redstick/.

Stephen David Beck, Ph.D.
Interim Director
Laboratory for Creative Arts & Technologies
Center for Computation and Technology (CCT)
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803