[artinfo] 1 palya
kspal at aramszu.net
Wed Jun 23 21:08:17 CEST 2004
AKADEMIE SCHLOSS SOLITUDE RESIDENCY PROGRAM IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
FOR 2005-2007 STARTING JULY 1, 2004
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31,
Dear friends of the Akademie,
The international residency program Akademie Schloss Solitude is once again inviting artists to live and work at Solitude for six or twelve months. International artists from the following disciplines can apply: architecture (architecture design, urban studies, landscape design), visual arts (incl. curatorial practice and performance art), performing arts (stage design, directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, dance, acting, musical theater, performance), video/film/new media (include. video installation), design (visual communication, fashion design, costume design, product design, furniture design), literature (criticism, essay, poetry, fiction, translation) and music/sound (sound installation, sound and music composition, music performance, sound performance). Please find the list of jurors who will be in charge of this selection.
Chairman: Fabrizio Gallanti, Santiago de Chile
Architecture: Stan Allen, Princeton (USA)
Fine Arts: Rirkrit Tiravanija, New York (USA)
Design: Fiona Raby, London (UK)
Literature: Ivan Vladislavic, Johannesburg (South Africa)
Music/Sound: Kevin Volans, Dublin (Ireland)
Theatre: Biljanja Srbjlianovic, Belgrad (Serbia)
Video/Film/New Media: Harun Farocki, Berlin (Germany)
We would be very grateful, if you would help us by drawing the attention of potential candidates to these fellowships or pass on the information.
As usual, application forms can be requested in writing only (by email or postcard to adress below) or printed from the Internet at www.akademie-solitude.de.
Some important reminders:
- The application form and requested materials have to be sent in ONE parcel. Subsequent mailings (or materials sent via Internet) are not considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be submitted to the jury, but returned immediately. Applications which reach us after the application deadline October 31, 2004 (Postmark) are not considered.
- Applicants chosen for a fellowship will be notified by spring 2005.
- Earliest date to begin a residency: September 2005
- To cover handling and mailing costs, please send international answering coupons in the amount of 15 Euro (available at post offices). We do not accept checks. Fee pertains to applications from North America, Western Europe and Japan only. For applications from Germany, please transfer 15 Euro with the enclosed form.
Thank you for your support!
Akademie Schloss Solitude
mail at akademie-solitude.de
More information about the Artinfo