[artinfo] (no subject)

David Wilkinson wilk at freestart.hu
Tue Jul 27 12:23:21 CEST 2004

Dear All,
             We would very much appreciate if you could distribute this news
as widely as possible.

As we have recently received a small grant we would like to pass on the
financial benefits of this to our potential students. We are therefore
reducing the costs on the 2004 TIPP programme. We would remind you that all
costs include breakfast, main meal and accommodation. Students should
arrange their own transport and insurance. The programme is an intensive
teaching programme staffed by tutors from both Goldsmith and |Budapest
Academy. The programme can serve as an introduction to postgraduate study at
either institution.

International Course In Contemporary Art

International Students: (980euro) reduced to 700euro

Students Of The Hungarian Academy Of Fine Art 155 euro

Members Of The Hungarian Young Artist Studio 180 euro

To allow people time to respond to these changes we have set a new deadline
for applicants of the 15 August. If you are interested in participating in
this programme or would like to apply please contact Margit Valko:
vendemiaire at c3.hu

----

TIPP
Tihany International Postgraduate Program

GOLDSMITHS COLLEGE, LONDON - HUNGARIAN ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS

a collaborative research initiative in Tihany, Hungary

INTERNATIONAL COURSE IN CONTEMPORARY ART

12 September - 3 October 2004

Course of Study
A course of study for a group of international artists, who have already
started to move in a specific direction within their work and who would like
to participate in a three-week long intensive programme, which is offering
the opportunity to further develop their working practice. The course
focuses on helping artists to reach a heightened understanding of their work
in a wider artistic, cultural and theoretical context. The course provides
and opportunity to have access to teaching staff from both Goldsmiths
College and Budapest Academy and can serve as an introduction to
postgraduate study at either institution. Our aim is to encourage and
develop the production of new works, ideas and concepts through giving
access to a tutorial, seminar and workshop programme. We also give the
opportunity to have contact with internationally acclaimed artists through
our guest artists scheme.
Program
- Seminars
- Tutorials
- Tutorial Reports
- Studio Practice
- Lectures
- Video Nights
- TIPP Open Day
- Certificate
- Weekend Excursions

Location
Tihany is a peninsula reaching out into Lake Balaton, the largest fresh
water lake in Central Europe.  The Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts' premises
where TIPP is based are the original agricultural buildings of the
Benedictine monastery. The setting is unusually serene and forms part of a
large nature reserve. The 2000 m2 grounds of the facility accommodate an
array of buildings set in fields that roll down to the side of a small
inland fishing lake, the Belsö Tó.
The facility boasts a huge medieval open barn that acts as a studio and
exhibition space during the summer. There are also many other buildings that
may be used as studios and exhibition spaces. Students on the programme are
encouraged to explore the site and make new work in and around it.

Fees
International Students: (700 Euro)
Students of the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts:  40000 HUF (155 Euro).
Hungarian Nationals, who are not studying at the Hungarian Academy of Fine
Arts: 70000 HUF (270 Euro).

APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10 Auguest 2004

FURTHER INFORMATION / CONTACTS
Director, Beáta Veszely, E-mail: veszelyb at axelero.hu
Artistic Director, David Wilkinson, E-mail: wilk at freestart.hu, Fax: +361
2015717
Program Manager, Margit Valkó, E-mail: vendemiaire at c3.hu, Tel: +36 (06) 30
9601015
Administrator, Enikö Tattay, E-mail: tutay at freemail.hu
Office Address, TIPP Foundation (Közhasznú Alapítvány)
Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts, Mulberry garden (Magyar Képzömüvészeti
Egyetem, Epreskert)
1063 Budapest, Kmetty Gy. utca 26-28, Hungary
Postal Address, TIPP Foundation (Közhasznú Alapítvány)
Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts (Magyar Képzömüvészeti Egyetem)
1062 Budapest, Andrássy út 69-71, Hungary

www.mke.hu/tipp

TIPP
Tihany International Postgraduate Program

GOLDSMITHS COLLEGE, LONDON - HUNGARIAN ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS

TIPP - Tihany International Postgraduate Program is an international
collaborative research initiative between the Visual Arts Department at
Goldsmiths College, London and the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts. The
program includes symposiums, intensive courses, conferences,
artist-in-residencies, exhibitions and other events as well as the
production of publications. Our aim is to create an international forum for
artists to explore the creative diversity of contemporary fine art practice
and the nature of the critical discourse, which surrounds it.  As Hungary
has been a crossroads between the East and West for hundreds of years, its
accession this spring to the European Union places it again at the heart of
the reunited Europe. Recognising these changes we feel that part of TIPP's
role is in providing a forum where people from different nationalities and
ethnicity's may participate in a number of challenging Fine Art based
programs. The programs are situated at the newly renovated premises of the
Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts in Tihany, where participants have the
opportunity to experience art, theory and debate away from its usual urban
environment. In locating TIPP this way, a uniquely open atmosphere is
created. From experience we have found that the opportunity for more relaxed
social interaction between participants directly contributes to freer
expression and sharing of ideas and a more open forum for debate.

Academic Board of Curators

Professor Gerard Hemsworth, Director of Postgraduate Studies in Fine Art,
Goldsmiths College, University of London
Professor Brian Falconbridge, Director of International Relations,
Goldsmiths College, University of London
Professor Ádám Farkas, Rektor of the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts
Beáta Veszely, Director of TIPP