[artinfo] read_me 2.3 software art festival

olga goriunova og@dxlab.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:50:58 +0100

call for submissions
____________________________________

Read_me 2.3

Software Art Festival

May 30 - 31, Media Centre Lume, Helsinki, Finland

Deadline for entries: March 1

More info at: http://m-cult.org/read_me
_____________________________________

Read_me 2.3 is a festival of software art that explores the territory
between art and software culture. Read_me 2.3 draws connections between
histories and practices in both software culture and art, and aims at
creating an extended context, against which software art may be mapped.

Read_me 2.3 is the second edition of Read_me, the first festival dedicated
entirely to the phenomena of software art (Read_me 1.2 at:
http://www.macros-center.ru/read_me ).

Read_me 2.3 continues with the open structure of Read_me: all projects are
submitted on-line to a publicly accessible database. However, the second
Read_me edition has logically developed this idea further: the simple
database / submission form has turned into the software art repository
Runme.org (http://runme.org).

All projects, submitted to Runme.org up to the Read_me 2.3 deadline (1 of
March) will be reviewed by a collective of  "experts"
(http://m-cult.org/read_me/experts) and the best ones will be presented on
the Read_me 2.3 event.

Read_me 2.3 is not a competition in the traditional sense, and it will not
have monetary prizes. The festival event on May 30-31 will present,
discuss, and celebrate a selection of works singled out and featured
without ranking by the Read_me experts collective. Read_me 2.3 will
focus on the variety of discrete contexts and will aim at building bridges
between them.

To submit a project for Read_me 2.3 go to
http://m-cult.org/read_me/submit.php and follow instructions.

If you have any questions, please, contact og@dxlab.org and alexei@easylife.org

Welcome!

The project is a co-operation between NIFCA, The Nordic Institute for
Contemporary Art (http://www.nifca.org), Lume (http://www.lume.fi),
and m-cult (http://www.m-cult.org).

Curators: Olga Goriunova, Alexei Shulgin