[artinfo] Prix Ars Electronica 2002 (fwd)

C3 Information info@c3.hu
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:49:24 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:23:34 +0100
From: Monique Berger <monique.berger@prixars.orf.at>
Subject: Prix Ars Electronica 2002

Dear Friends of Prix Ars Electronica!

The registration for the 16th Prix Ars Electronica competition has
started!!!!

We, the Prix Ars Electronica Team, are pleased to invite you  to
participate at the Prix Ars Electronica 2002, the world's most consistent
competition for the cyberarts. It would be a pleasure for us, if you submit
 your work to our competition.
For the 16th time, the Austrian Broadcasting Company, Upper Austrian
Regional Studio, as the organizer of the Prix Ars Electronica, invites
artists, scientists, researchers and developers from all over the world to
participate in the annual cyberarts competition in the categories  Computer
Animation/Visual Effects, Net Vision / Net Excellence, Interactive Art and
Digital Musics.
The total prize money for the Prix Ars Electronica 2002 amounts to Euro
100,000 (USD 88,466*).
*) Exchange rate of November 19, 2001
There is no entry-fee!

Interactive Art
This category is open to all types of current interactive works in any
form: installations, performance, audience participation, virtual reality,
multimedia, telecommunication, etc. It is prerequisite that the projects
have already been realized to the extent that they may be judged on the
basis of a documentation. Criteria for judging the works include the form
of interaction, interface design, new applications, technical innovations,
originality and the significant role of the computer for the interaction.

The deadline for the entry is March 31, 2002 (postmarked)

If you are interested to participate please send us your work. I am looking
forward to get your contribution. Please forward this information to all
people, who also might be interested in our competition.

For further information go to: http://prixars.orf.at , you will find a
detailed description of the Prix Ars Electronica, the procedure how to
submit your work and also the entry form.

If you have any other question, don't hestitate to contact me
monique.berger@prixars.orf.at

Thank you very much in advance. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Monique Berger

ORF Austrian Broadcasting Corp.
Upper Austrian Regional Studio
Prix Ars Electronica Team
Computer Animation					Tel.: ++43-(0)732-6900-24468
Europaplatz 3						Fax: ++43-(0)732-6900-24510
4021 Linz						email: monique.berger@prixars.orf.at
Austria / Europe					URL: http://prixars.orf.at