[artinfo] [UNXposed] FW: filmwaves

UNXposed Moderator unxposed@azar.ms
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:03:22 +0100

 From mediascot.org mailing list.

  FILM WAVES MAGAZINE calls artists.

www.filmwaves.co.uk

You may have heard that Film Waves is being re-launched in the spring
with a new 16 page section on artist's film, video and installation. The
new look Film Waves will be celebrated at a re-launch party at the Lux
gallery and as part of the event we will be screening a compilation of
artists' moving image loops.

You are invited to contribute a mute sequence of between 5 and 15
seconds which will be looped to a length determined by the number of
contributions we receive. On the evening of the re-launch, the loops
will be simultaneously projected on the Lux gallery's three windows -
that is, three times the same image.

We will then market the compilation on vhs with 50% of the profits going
to the artists and 50% to Film Waves.

We would be grateful if you could transfer your loop onto mini DV for
ease of capture.

The deadline for contributions is the end of April.

We hope you will contribute a loop and help launch the magazine which is
dedicated to create a forum for the discussion of artist's film & video
and a bridge between mainstream aspirants and practitioners in the art
of the moving image.

Please send your loop to: Catherine Elwes, Camberwell College of Arts,
Peckham Road, London SE5 8UF

With best wishes

The Editors

Marco Zee-Jotti
Catherine Elwes, Camberwell College of Arts, tel 020 7514 6333
c.elwes@camb.linst.ac.uk

UNXposed Video Art Guide http://www.unxposed.com