[artinfo] Call for applications: "beyond bauhaus - prototyping the future" competition

Art & Education edu-news at mailer.e-flux.com
Thu Feb 21 14:48:36 CET 2019

Call for applications: "beyond bauhaus - prototyping the future"

Application deadline: March 31, 2019

Exhibition: August 16-September 1, presentation by award winners in Berlin
CLB Berlin, Aufbau Haus, Prinzenstrasse 84.2, 10969 Berlin, Germany

Germany - Land of Ideas
Charlottenstraße 16
10117 Berlin
Germany
T +49 30 2064590
<MAILTO:presse at land-der-ideen.de>presse at land-der-ideen.de

<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25110&L=170765&F=H>beyondbauhaus.com

The year 2019 marks the centennial anniversary of
the Bauhaus, one of modern Germany's most
influential art and design schools. On the
occasion of this momentous anniversary, we are
holding an international competition for creative
professionals to present their designs and
visions for a better world.

How will we make our growing cities healthier
places to live? How can we ensure quality housing
for all? How can we achieve environmentally
friendly mobility? How can we reduce the flood of
plastic waste? How can we dress comfortably
without exploiting others?

The international competition "beyond bauhaus -
prototyping the future" will award prizes to
twenty groundbreaking design concepts that
address relevant social issues and contribute to
making our world a healthier, fairer, more
sustainable and better place. Projects will be
assessed on creative vision, sustainability and
potential social impact.

The competition is open to designers and
creatives from across the world and seeks
prototypes in the development stage as well as
pioneering projects already implemented, from all
design disciplines: from basic research and
materials science to product design, fashion,
architecture, urban development, mobility and
future technologies (for example: coding software
or 3D printing processes).

An international jury will select the 20 winners
and they will be invited to Berlin to present
their projects exclusively in an exhibition from
August 16 to September 1, 2019 as part of 100
years of Bauhaus.
*Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the organiser.

The exhibition venue is the CLB Berlin at Aufbau
Haus-a dynamic creative hub in the capital with
the design akademie berlin, creative agencies,
start-up scene, publishing house, club and much
more. The exhibition is accompanied by events
including talks, workshops and a summer school.
This offers numerous opportunities for
professional exchange and networking with
Berlin's creative scene.

This competition is supported by the German
Federal Foreign Office, Lotto Foundation Berlin
and SAP SE.

For further information please visit
<https://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=2690&N=25110&L=170764&F=H>www.beyondbauhaus.com.

About the Germany - Land of Ideas initiative
"Germany - Land of Ideas" is an initiative of the
German Federal Government and the Federation of
German Industries (BDI). Its aim is to enhance
Germany's international visibility and to engage
in dialogue with other countries.