[artinfo] Rijksakademie residency 2021

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Sun Dec 8 15:39:58 CET 2019

Applications open for Rijksakademie residency 2021

January 1-February 1, 2020

The Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten invites applications from
artists to develop their work over one or two-year periods in
Amsterdam.

The Rijksakademie's artist community has a unique ecology, which is
highly international, multi-disciplinary, experimental and critically
engaged. Artists are supported with a studio, a stipend, by a wide
range of artistic and technical advisors, including artists, curators
and thinkers, and have access to well-equipped workshops, a library
and discursive engagement. We have a commitment to diversity, to
working with a global perspective and with sensitivity to the local.

As an artist, you are ready to make the most of these resources. You
are open to challenging yourself, to working alongside positions that
are vastly different from one another, and to engaging with wider
social and discursive programmes. We are also interested in practices
that maximise the social and transformative power of art.

Selected artists usually have finished a BA/MA education and if so,
must have at least 2 years of independent professional practice
before starting a residency at the Rijksakademie.

Every year, about 22 places become available. We are seeking
residents for the period January-December 2021, with the possibility
of staying one year more. You can apply by completing the online
application form on the website between January 1-February 1, 2020.

Contact:
<https://email.e-flux-systems.com/campaigns/vo544ygn55b2a/track-url/cg6441cst7e5d/593042163e43ce0d04cd1a7b1217af37fd52d7f7>application at rijksakademie.nl

Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten
Sarphatistraat 470