[artinfo] Fwd: 21st Contemporary Art Biennial Sesc_Videobrasil | Imagined Communities

Miklos Peternak peternak at c3.hu
Mon Jul 9 16:30:00 CEST 2018

I am writing you to bring some news about the Videobrasil Festival and
its next edition, which will take place between October 2019 and
February 2020 at Sesc 24 de Maio, in São Paulo, Brazil.

With the dynamism that characterizes it, Videobrasil reaches a new
phase, with a new name: /Contemporary Art Biennial Sesc_Videobrasil/.

For the first time the call is published along with the curatorial
statement – 21st Contemporary Art Biennial Sesc_Videobrasil | Imagined
Communities <http://site.videobrasil.org.br/en/festival/21>/ –/ that
will guide the work of the curators in the selection of artists and in
the preparation of the programs and publication.

The open call will be online from July 6 to August 10, 2018, and will
accept submissions of works in any format and support. The call is
intended for artists from the global South and will accept for the first
time appplications from artists from native peoples and communities
around the world.

I would really like to count on your collaboration in the dissemination
of this call and the sharing of this new moment of Videobrasil within
your community and between your networks.

Our website and social media will be constantly updated and more
information about the call can be found there. Please do not hesitate to
contact me or our team if you have any questions or suggestions.