[artinfo] call/air: Interface BIAS // HANGAR [Barcelona]

ober ober at emdash.org
Tue Dec 20 09:08:09 CET 2016

From: JOANA <joana.moll at hangar.org>
Subject: Open call // Interface BIAS // HANGAR [Barcelona]

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our open call for a two months artistic
residence focusing on "Interface Bias". The residency will be developed
within the framework of the Critical Interface Politics research group
at HANGAR [Barcelona].

The period of residence will be from the 15th of March to the 15th of
May 2017 (eight consecutive weeks).

Fees: 2200?.

Summary

The programme MEMBRANA #2 ? Residency For Artistic Interface Criticism
aims to provide support to a visual artist interested in developing an
artwork based on the concept of Interface Bias. The artist will develop
his/her project during a eight weeks residency at Hangar (Barcelona).
She/he will also be invited to participate in the ongoing investigation
of the Critical Interface Politics research group, part of the European
project IMAGIT, which involves contributing to the development of the
?Critical Interface Toolbox?, an online resource for critical interface
design.

We are looking for an artist working with the concept of ?Bias? within
Interfaces, willing to contribute to the research that we are carrying
out through the materialization of an artwork.

The artwork can be developed in any artistic media. We encourage artists
to submit proposals that raise critical approaches to the material and
immaterial architectures of mediated culture through designed interfaces.

interface governance, critical interface design, online tracking,
Internet physicality, geopolitics of the Internet, visual arts, software
studies, cultural studies, media theory, open culture, big data,
hacktivism, digital symbolism.

+ Deadline for applications: January 10th 2017 at 00:00h (GMT +1).

+ Info:
https://hangar.org/en/recerca/convocatories/espanol-convocatoria-membrana-2-residencia-artistica-para-una-aproximacion-critica-de-la-interfaz/

+ Contact: joana.moll at hangar.org