[artinfo] Media Arts and the Archive

Image Science Image.Science at donau-uni.ac.at
Mon Dec 5 12:59:11 CET 2016

Lecture Series: Media Arts and the Archive

Danube University / Department of Image Science / Krems, Austria

Leading experts discuss contemporary handleing of
Media Art from research to the archive. How have
digital media changed our perception and
interaction with images? How do museums and
archives address the new challenges of
collecting, researching, indexing and
interpreting Media Art? Numerous contemporary
issues arise for debate through Media Arts, from
the image and media revolutions, human-machine
interaction, to globalization and surrveillience
society. What connections do we find between
media art and the archive addressed in these
controversial topics.

The Lecture Series "Media Art and the Archive"
focuses on proposed solutions for the central
dilemma of arts politics of our time.
Internationally chosen experts from art history,
humanities, museum studies and art envision
solutions, strategies, and ground-breaking
results from a variety of research fields.

PROGRAMM

Prof. Jeffery Shaw (CityU / HK)
08.08.2016, Danube University
The Age of Experience

Dr. Ana Peraica (DanubeU / AT)
02.11.2016, Danube University
Media of Self-Representation and Media Politics

Dr. Andreas Broeckmann (Leuphana / GER)
03.11.2016, Danube University
Machine Art - History and Aesthetics

Patricia Falcao (Tate Modern / UK)
10.11.2016, Danube University
Preserving, Documenting and Displaying Media Art

Dr. Harald Kraemer (CityU / HK)
05.12.2016, Danube University
Multimedia Classics - Hypermedia Hermeneutics:
On the Increasing Loss of Digital Cultural Heritage

Morten Sondergaard (AalborgU / DK)
6. 12. 2016, Danube University
Sound + Art + Archives

Ramón Reichert (Universität Wien / A)
13. 12. 2016, Stift Göttweig, Zentrum für Bildwissenschaften
Analogizität Digitalität Postdigitalität,

Erna Fiorentini (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin / GER)
16.02. 2017, Danube University
Visual Worlds

LOCATION
Donau-Universität Krems, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße
30, 3500 Krems / 17.00 18:30, unless otherwise
noted.

Department für Bildwissenschaft:
<http://www.donau-uni.ac.at/dbw>www.donau-uni.ac.at/dbw
Archive of Digital Art