[artinfo] The Fight For Common Wealth

Krystian Woznicki kw at berlinergazette.de
Fri Aug 21 17:13:31 CEST 2015

UN|COMMONS

The Fight For Common Wealth

October 22-24

Workshops, Talks, Performances + Cooking

Volksbühne at Rosa-Luxemburg Platz | Berlin

Water and food, data and networks, medicine and
cultural assets: Who owns these resources? Who
ought to? Who has access and whose accessis
denied? What is the value of these resources and
how might they help or hinder us in overcoming
the various crises of our times? Do we need
rules, guidelines and agreements to govern use
and access, and if so, what sort?

The Berliner Gazette and the Volksbühne at
Rosa-Luxemburg Platz invite you to discuss these
urgent issues at the UN|COMMONS conference.

The three-day event will focus on those resources
that are being privatised or made inaccessible,
but which could become common property in the
future  - commons that are as yet uncommon. In
short: UN|COMMONS that challenge us, the people,
to make a collective effort towards democratic
and sustainable forms of human togetherness.

More information:
http://berlinergazette.de/uncommons