[artinfo] AGGRESSION AGAINST UKRAINE. BOYCOTT MANIFESTA 10 IN ST. PETRSBURG!

Yuri Leiderman leidermanyuri at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:27:55 CET 2014

       ------------------scroll dawn for English--------

ÑÓ•Ó“Ë ”•ÛÁ¸þ!

ü Ó·•ý˜ýœÒ¸ Í ’ýÏ ÍýÍ žÛ”ÓÊÌËÍ, Û—ýÒÚÌËÍ 1-È
Ö’•ÓÔÂÈÒÍÓÈ Å¸ÂÌÌýΠåýÌËÙÂÒÚý (êÓÚÚ•”ýÏ, 1996)
Ë ÍýÍ Û•ÓÊÂÌ– ìÍ•ýËÌš. åÌ ÍýÊÂÚÒþ, ÒËÚÛý–Ëþ Ì
ÌÛÊ”ýÂÚÒþ ’ ”ÓΓ˞ ÔÓþÒÌÂÌËþž. åÓþ •Ó”ËÌý
ÓÍýÁýÎýÒ¸ Ó·™ÂÍÚÓÏ Ìý“ÎÓÈ, –ËÌË—ÌÓÈ ’ÓÂÌÌÓÈ
ý“•ÂÒÒËË ÒÓ ÒÚÓ•ÓÌš ÔÛÚËÌÒÍÓ“Ó •ÂÊËÏý êÓÒÒËË.
ÅÂÁÛÒÎÓ’ÌÓ ëýÌÍÚ-èÂÚ•·Û•“ - Ô•ÂÍ•ýÒÌÂȯËÈ “Ó•Ó”,
ý ù•ÏËÚýÊ - Ó”ËÌ ËÁ ÎÛ—¯Ëž ÏÛÁÂÂ’ ÏË•ý. é”ÌýÍÓ
•Â¯ÂÌË ԕӒӔËÚ¸ åýÌËÙÂÒÚÛ 10 (2014) ’ ÒÚ•ýÌÂ,
“” ÔÓÔË•ýÂÚÒþ Ò’Ó·Ó”ý žÛ”ÓÊÂÒÚ’ÂÌÌÓ“Ó ÊÂÒÚý, ’
ÒÚ•ýÌÂ, ’ÓÁ’”¯ÂÈ  ËÏÔ•ÒÍËÈ ¯Ó’ËÌËÁÏ Ë
Ï•ýÍÓ·ÂÒË ’ •ýÌ“ “ÓÒÛ”ý•ÒÚ’ÂÌÌÓÈ Ë”ÂÓÎÓ“ËË, ·šÎÓ
ËÁÌý—ýθÌÓ Ó¯Ë·Ó—ÌšÏ. ëÂÈ—ýÒ Ê ÚýÍÓ ÌýÏ•ÂÌË
ԕ”ÒÚý’ÎþÂÚÒþ ÓÚÍ•Ó’ÂÌÌÓ ÔÓÁÓ•ÌšÏ. ü Ô•Ó¯Û ’ýÒ
ÔÓ””•ÊýÚ¸ Ìý•Ó” ìÍ•ýËÌš, ’”ۘËÈ Ú•Û”ÌÂȯËÈ ·ÓÈ
Áý ÌÂÁý’ËÒËÏÓÒÚ¸ Ë ·Û”ۘ ҒÓÂÈ ÒÚ•ýÌš! ü
Ó·•ý˜ýœÒ¸ Í ÏË•Ó’ÓÏÛ žÛ”ÓÊÂÒÚ’ÂÌÌÓÏÛ ÒÓÓ·˜ÂÒÚ’Û Ò
Ô•ËÁš’ÓÏ ÅéâäéíÄ åÄçàîÖëíõ-10 Ç ë. èÖíÖêÅìêÉÖ!

û•ËÈ ãÂȔ•ÏýÌ, žÛ”ÓÊÌËÍ

蕯ÎËÚ ÔÓÊýÎÛÈÒÚý Ò’ÓËÏ ÍÓÎΓýÏ!

Dear friends, I appeal to you as an artist who
participated in the very first Manifesta,
European Biennial of contemporary art (Rotterdam,
1996) and as a native of Ukraine. The situation
at hand needs no elaborate explanation. My
country has experienced an act of blatant and
cynical military aggression by Putin's regime in
Russia. St. Petersburg is without a doubt a most
beautiful city, and the Hermitage Museum is one
of the world's finest. It was nevertheless a
mistake from the get go, to hold Manifesta 10 in
a country where freedom of expression is
repressed, where xenophobic imperialism and
archaic bigotry have been raised to the level of
state ideology. It seems nothing short of a
disgrace now. I'm calling on you to support the
people of Ukraine in their most difficult
struggle for the future and freedom of their
country. I'm calling on the international art
community to BOYCOTT MANIFESTA 10 IN
ST.PETERSBURG, RUSSIA!

Yuri Leiderman, artist

Please forward to your colleges!