[artinfo] Kunsthalle Wien seeks curator

e-flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Fri Jun 28 18:06:29 CEST 2013

Seeking curator

Application deadline:
September 15, 2013

Kunsthalle Wien
Museumsplatz 1
1070 Wien
Austria

<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=116335&N=6190&L=5300&F=H>www.kunsthallewien.at

New thinking/new positions/new curator
Kunsthalle Wien is one of Austria's most prominent institutions for
international contemporary art and discourse. Its two exhibition
venues are located within Museumsquartier and in Vienna's city centre
at Karlsplatz. The institution's internationally recognized
exhibition programme of group and solo exhibitions feature some of
the leading contemporary artists, and there is an equal dedication to
ensure that these exhibitions are accompanied by a broad and
challenging discursive programme that endeavours to open a dialogue
not only with the arts, but with a variety of disciplines such as
theatre, economics, sociology, philosophy, etc. Through its close
cooperation and collaboration with artists, researchers, and other
cultural actors, Kunsthalle Wien strives not only to be an active
participant in the international discourse on contemporary art and
related fields, but also to highlight current issues that are of
concern to not only the arts, but also to society at large.

We are looking for a curator with expertise and wide-reaching
creativity. You must have a higher education in the art field or a
similar disciplinary background, a minimum of three years' experience
within the field of contemporary art and a broad international
network. The curator must have an understanding of both financial
administration as well as experience in relation to public and
private support sectors. We are looking for a person with a
dedication to teamwork, collaboration, cooperation, and communication.

We expect basic knowledge of German. The position has a set term of
at least two years.

The application deadline is September 15, 2013.

Send your CV and cover letter to
<mailto:bewerbung at kunsthallewien.at>bewerbung at kunsthallewien.at.

Read more about Kunsthalle Wien at
<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=116335&N=6190&L=5300&F=H>www.kunsthallewien.at.