[artinfo] CfP: media ecology workshop, Krakow, Poland, July

Joanna Walewska joanna.walewska at gazeta.pl
Thu May 31 23:36:21 CEST 2012

Call for participation
Media Ecology Worshop

The main aim of the project is to gather people
with diverse educational background and to create
a friendly environment suitable for
interdisciplinary experiments with low tech
tools. We envision this project as an open
platform for the different projects in which
participants who represent various disciplines,
paradigms and perspectives would support each
others' efforts throughout discussions,
commentaries and collective effort. What we would
like to achieve is an interdisciplinary, teamwork
research on subjects proposed by participants.
During the summer school we would also like to
offer you lectures and workshops prepared by
invited key note speakers. We hope that contact
with them will help the participants in
conducting their own research, artistic or
scientific projects. We intent this event to be
the first step in the process of creation network
of people willing to contribute in the
interdisciplinary research and dialog.
Workshop leaders: Rachelle Viader Knowles
(Canada), Monika Górska-Olesinska (Poland), Jan
ArgasiŸski (Poland), Levente Polyak(Hungary),
Michal Kindernay (Czech Republic), Piotr Klepacki
(Poland), Anna Nacher& Marek Styczynski (Poland).

The summer school is addressed to students, Ph.
D. candidates and professionals from Czech
Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and other
countries with no restriction to the faculties
they represent. Representatives of humanities,
arts and social studies and natural studies are
welcome. All candidates willing to participate in
this event are expected to submit a proposal for
their social, artistic or research project, which
deals with, but is not restricted to, such topics
as:
- urban versus rural ecology in the context of media practices
- mobile media and social media
- soundscape, mediascape & landscape.
We are looking for original, simple, low tech,
D.I.Y style projects that can be conceptualized
during the two weeks of the workshop (but needn't
be finalized within this timeframe).
The summer school will take place between 6 and
19th July 2012. During the event we will leave
Krakow for five days as three workshops will take
place at Sopatowiec between 9 and 13th July.
The deadline for the sublission is 10 of June 2012.
Please send us the applications including your:
- name
- afiliation
- description of your project (max. 500 words)
at the address: mediaecologies(at)<http://gmail.com>gmail.com
Fee: no fee

<http://www.media-ecologies.pl/>http://www.media-ecologies.pl/

<http://www.media-ecologies.pl/>www.media-ecologies.pl