[artinfo] ADCS - Art & Anarchy - Now Online

Arpad Bak arpadbak at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 20:02:57 CET 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Duane Rousselle <Duane.Rousselle at UNB.CA>
To: ACS at uta.fi
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:01 PM
Subject: [ACS] ADCS - Art & Anarchy - Now Online

--distribute widely--

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce the publication of a new issue of Anarchist Developments in Cultural Studies (ADCS) entitled "Art & Anarchy" and edited by Allan Antliff (2011.2). This issue brings anarchist scholarship into a relationship with works of art that encompass music, virtual architecture and urban design, film, poetics, prose, dance/performance, the visual arts (including sculpture, painting, photography, installation, graphics), the economics of art production, and aesthetics.

ADCS is an open-access and peer-reviewed journal devoted to the
      study of new and emerging connections across disciplines in
      contemporary anarchist studies. We publish articles,
      reviews/debates, announcements and unique contributions that (1)
      adopt an anarchist standpoint with regards to analyses of
      language, discourse, culture and power; (2) investigate or
      incorporate various facets of anarchist thought and practice from
      a non-anarchist standpoint, and; (3) investigate or incorporate
      elements of non-anarchist thought and practice from the standpoint
      of traditional anarchist thought.

We encourage you to support our project by purchasing hard copies
      from our publisher/distributor, Little Black Cart. These journals
      have the presence of a book, are beautifully designed, and
      rigorously edited, proofed, and typeset. The newest issue comes
      with a cover designed in collaboration with one of the artists
      discussed within, Kika Thorne, as well as a fold-out of the
      musical composition discussed by Allan Antliff and Wolf Edwards in
      their chapter "Ruins for Violoncello Quartet" (audio of the piece
      will be available in the web issue for the coming month). You may
      also request copies for your local bookstore, infoshop, university
      library, and so on (thank you!).

All content is freely available at http://www.Anarchist-Developments.org.
      The table of contents for the current issue is listed below as
      well as information on where to purchase hard copies.

Best,

Duane Rousselle
Co-Editor of ADCS

>Art & Anarchy
>Table of Contents
>Editorial
>Art & Anarchy
>
>Allan Antliff (7-8)
>Articles
>Anna Halprin’s 10 Myths: Mutual Creation and Non-totalizing Collectivity
>
>Tusa Shea (9-30)
>RUINS for Violoncello Quartet
>
>Allan Antliff (31-32)
>RUINS for Violoncello Quartet
>
>Wolf Edwards (33-36)
>Situating Freedom: Jackson Mac Low, John Cage, and Donald Judd
>
>Allan Antliff (39-57)
>Gambling Anarchically: The Early Russian Avant-Garde
>
>Nina Gurianova (59-81)
>Groundless in the Museum: Anarchism and the Living Work of Art
>
>Luis Jacob (83-95)
>Nottingham’s Monuments of the Near Future
>
>Melissa Appleton, Matthew Butcher, (Post-Works) . (97-111)
>Modernist Abstraction, Anarchist Antimilitarism, and War
>
>Patricia Leighten (113-150)
>Social Physics
>
>Kika Thorne (151-153)
>Bad Anarchism: Aestheticized Mythmaking and the Legacy of Georges Sorel
>
>Mark Antliff (155-187)
>Becoming Anarchist: The Function of Anarchist Literature
>
>Sandra Jeppesen (189-213)
>ADCS 2011.2
>"Art & Anarchy" (Allan Antliff, Ed.)
>http://littleblackcart.com/Anarchist-Developments-in-Cultural-Studies-2.2011.html
>
>ADCS 2011.1
>"Ten Years After 9/11: An Anarchist Analysis" (Michael
        Truscello, Ed.)
>http://littleblackcart.com/Anarchist-Developments-in-Cultural-Studies-1.2011.html
>
>ADCS 2010 - Virtual Issue
>"The Anarchist Turn" (Simon Critchley, Ed.)
>http://anarchist-developments.org/index.php/adcs/issue/view/4/showToc
>
>ADCS 2010.1
>"Post-Anarchism Today"
>http://littleblackcart.com/Anarchist-Developments-in-Cultural-Studies-1.html
>
>ADCS 2010.1 (bulk)
>"Post-Anarchism Today"
>http://littleblackcart.com/Anarchist-Developments-in-Cultural-Studies-1-Bulk.html
>
>For bulk discounts or other inquiries contact
        Duane(dot)Rousselle(at) unb(dot)ca