[artinfo] 16:9 VIDEO CALL - NYC - DUMBO ARTS FESTIVAL 2012

Tamás Zádor zatamas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:57:18 CEST 2012

Codex Dynamic

July 31, 2012
Curated by: Leo Kuelbs + John Ensor Parker
Dumbo Arts Festival; September 28th-30th, 2012

Call To Artists

“Codex Dynamic” is a video projection exhibition presented on the Manhattan
Bridge
Anchorage and Archway as part of the 2012 DUMBO Arts Festival. Two
site-specific,
large-scale, mapped projections will rotate with a selection of
single-channel video art
works presented in gallery-format.

The exhibition seeks to conjure artistic inquiry relating to the
subjectivity of space, time
and the effect they have on our perceived reality.
Conceptualization of time has evolved through the ages. Cultural,
historical and
technological differences are bridged by the fact that our concept of time
has always been
rooted in the natural world. From early observation of the Moon’s cycles
and seasonal
changes, to today, as our knowledge of the natural world increases, so does
our
understanding of time. The Laws of Relativity provide us the opportunity to
speed up,
slow down, go backwards or even stop time; and with Quantum Mechanics, time
is said
to be unrelated to space and may simply be a direction at any moment,
affording an
object the possibility of simultaneously existing at different places.

Things to Consider:
• Your video run time should be very close to 3 minutes.
• Consider the site and event. The Manhattan Bridge is a DOT site and
children and
families will be present.
• Single-channel videos shall have no audio.
• Selected artists will be provided technical guidelines and further
instructions.
• Artists interested in submitting their 16:9 single-channel videos for
consideration
should upload your password-protected video to Youtube by August 25th.
Email link
with password to the below addresses

*Leo Kuelbs: lkuelbscollection at gmail.com*
*John Ensor Parker: john at natureofenergy.com*