[artinfo] Full-time position open: Director of the Nida Art Colony
ecsoka at mucsarnok.hu
Tue Mar 23 10:40:25 CET 2010
e-artnow presents: Deadline: 3 May 2010Full-time position open: Director of the Nida Art Colony
Deadline: 3 May 2010
Vilnius Academy of Arts
daina.urbanaviciene at vda.lt
Phone: +370 616 55307
Fax: +370 5 2105444
Vilnius Academy of Arts
Maironio g. 6
The Nida Art Colony or NAC is a new subdivision of the Vilnius Academy of Arts located in Nida, Neringa. Its objective is to create favourable conditions for the implementation of innovations in art education and creative art practices by promoting international cooperation. The NAC will run an artist-in-residence programme, organise workshops, exhibitions and conferences. The NAC starts its activities in February 2011.
For more information on the NAC see www.vda.lt / EN / Nida Art Colony.
The Vilnius Academy of Arts opens a position of the Director of the Nida Art Colony.
Salary Scale: Eur 12 178 – 14 611 per year (subject to change according to the wage regulations for state institutions), plus project administration remunerations.
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. You should count on spending at least ¼ of your hours of work at the NAC.
Office Base: Nida Art Colony (Neringa) and the Vilnius Academy of Arts (Vilnius).
Responsible to: Rector and Senate of the Vilnius Academy of Arts.
Contract Status: Position to be filled from 2 January 2011 for a fixed term of four years up to 2 January 2015.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To develop and deliver relevant art and education programmes at the NAC.
• To promote innovations in art education, creative contemporary art practices and international cooperation.
• To promote the NAC programmes and activities to the target audiences in Lithuania and abroad.
• To cooperate with the Vilnius Academy of Arts and to submit annual reports of the NAC activities to the Academy.
• To take responsibility for all activities of the NAC.
• To submit annual NAC activity plans to the NAC Board for approval and to take the NAC Board decisions into account.
• To take responsibility for fundraising and financial sustainability of the NAC.
• To recruit and manage the staff of the NAC.
• Managerial merits and competences: the candidate is required to have at least three years of experience in international education and art project management
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• University degree in social science, humanities or arts.
• Previous successful experience in running a similar education and art centre or an artist-in-residency programme
• Familiarity with Lithuanian cultural and educational environment
• Competence in the Lithuanian language (for foreign nationals only)
• Other languages (French, German, Spanish, Russian)
• Motivation letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Vision of a four year (2011-2014) NAC activity plan (activities must be relevant to the NAC objectives)
• List of the most important recently administered education and art projects (up to 5 projects,
including title, time, location, total budget, sources of funding, number of administrative staff, responsibilities of the candidate)
• Other relevant information
The application should be in English or Lithuanian.
Address for applications: Vilnius Academy of Arts, Project Management Office, room 202, Maironio 6, 01124 Vilnius, Lithuania or daina.urbanaviciene at vda.lt (please write „Application: the NAC director' in the subject line).
The application must reach the Academy no later than 3 May 2010 at 4.00 pm Lithuanian time (GMT+2). If you chose to mail the application by regular post, please, make sure it will reach the Academy before the deadline.
Telephone, Skype or (preferably) face-to-face interviews are expected to be held the week commencing 10th or 17th May 2010.
For further information please contact the Head of the Project Management Office Daina Urbanavičienė (mrs) at daina.urbanaviciene at vda.lt, cell phone +370 616 55307.
More information about the Artinfo