[artinfo] San Francisco Cinematheque CALL FOR ENTRIES

Vanessa O'Neill oneill at sfcinematheque.org
Wed Jan 6 22:28:49 CET 2010

San Francisco Cinematheque

announces…
CROSSROADS:
A Festival of New & Rediscovered Films
April 16–18 at the Victoria Theater in San Francisco

Postmarked submission deadline: February 10th, 2010 (walk-in
submissions accepted)

CALL FOR ENTRIES
San Francisco Cinematheque seeks submissions of recent films and videos
for the inaugural presentation of its (projected) annual festival,
CROSSROADS. Occurring April 16-18, 2010, at the Victoria Theatre in San
Francisco, the festival will showcase new works of emerging and
established filmmakers in the avant-garde along with a number of
special presentations and events. Cinematheque is seeking submissions
of compelling non-commercial, artist-made work of all genres and
durations.

ENTRY GUIDELINES
·         Submitted works must have been completed after January 1st,
2008.
·         Include one submission form with each entry.
·         All submissions must be on DVD -- clearly labeled with the
film title, filmmaker name(s), contact telephone number and email.
[*Please email us at festival at sfcinematheque.org for inquiries of
submitting other formats.]
·         Please include a pre-paid, self-addressed package with your
submission if you would like items to be returned. If not, all
materials will be recycled.
·         Entry fee: $10 for each individual film; Entry fee is waived
for Cinematheque members.
     Please make checks or money-orders payable in U.S. currency to:
SAN FRANCISCO CINEMATHEQUE or send payment via PayPal to:
cashier at sfcinematheque.org
·         We will notify all entrants once the submission is received.
[Please note, only work that can be shown in a theatrical presentation
can be screened.]

SELECTED FILMS
The CROSSROADS program will be announced April 1, 2010. If your work is
selected, we will contact you by email before that date. You will be
asked to present the following:
1. Exhibition copy of your work (film or video) to arrive at the
address below no later than April 9th, 2010.
2. 75 word artist bio.
3. A minimum of one photo or .jpg still image (300 dpi) of your film
for publicity use.
Cinematheque will pay rental fees for all works screened at the
festival. All selected works will be returned to their makers (at the
expense of Cinematheque) at the conclusion of the festival.

SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
Please mail submission packages to:

CROSSROADS FESTIVAL
San Francisco Cinematheque
145 Ninth Street Suite 240
San Francisco, CA 94103 USA

Addition Information:
festival at sfcinematheque.org
www.sfcinema.org
+ (415) 552-1990

CROSSROADS: A Festival of New and Rediscovered Film

SUBMISSION FORM

Name of Filmmaker__________________________________
Film Title/Original Title (if in another language)
Running Time ____________ minutes
Month/Year completed ________________
Country  ______________________

EXHIBITION FORMAT

___8mm    ___Super8   ___16mm   ___35mm   ___VHS   ___3/4” ___Beta
___Beta SP   ___Mini-DV   ___DVD     ___DV CAM	 ___ Other:
__________________

___Color   ___B/W

___Optical Sound   ___Magnetic   ___Silent   ___Other

50 WORD SYNOPSIS OF FILM

DISCLAIMER
San Francisco Cinematheque is not responsible for shipping fees or
transportation for submissions. San Francisco Cinematheque or any of
its volunteers or affiliates cannot accept responsibility for damages
or loss of any materials through transport to and from festival. San
Francisco Cinematheque programs, deadlines and locations are subject to
change at any time.

SIGNATURE
All information provided above is correct to the best of my knowledge.
I am the maker and/or have legal rights to submit this film. I have
read and agree to all the submission entry guidelines.

Include Entry fee of $10 for each individual film; Entry fee is waived
or send payment via PayPal to: cashier at sfcinematheque.org