[artinfo] Activities : April 2010

Société Réaliste societerealiste at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:26:40 CEST 2010

SOCIETE REALISTE
Activities: April 2010.

http://www.societerealiste.net

===

# “CELEBRATION!”, collective exhibition, at uqbar (Berlin), on the
occasion of the Gallery Weekend, opening: Friday 23 April.
http://projectspace.uqbar-ev.de

# COMMUNISMS' AFTERLIVES, conference at Béton Salon (Paris), Saturday 24 April.

# “2ND RENNES BIENNIAL: WHAT COMES”, collective exhibition, Couvent
des Jacobins (Rennes), opening: Thursday 29 April
http://www.lesateliersderennes.fr

===

# "CELEBRATION!"

Collective exhibition, at uqbar (Berlin), April 23 > May 12.
Opening: Friday 23 April, 19:00.
http://projectspace.uqbar-ev.de/

Since 2007, uqbar project space has hosted numerous art projects under
the form of exhibitions, talks, book presentations, workshops, film
screenings or lectures. On the occasion of uqbar’s 3rd anniversary, in
April 2010, the gallery will host a large group exhibition featuring
the artists that have taken part to its activities so far and their
friends. The "Celebration!" show will assemble a wide range of works
by over 30 international artists. Within this frame, Société Réaliste
will present in uqbar's space a new occurrence of its graffiti,
"Invisible Hand".

With works by Anita Di Bianco, Elise Florenty, Pia Fuchs (Patricia
Reed), Raphaël Grisey, J&K, Hassan Khan, Alexander Komarov, Suzanne
Kriemann, Ives Maes, Eléonore de Montesquiou, Anu Pennanen, Judith
Siegmund, Société Réaliste, Ziga Testen, Mona Vatamanu & Florin Tudor,
Julita Wojcik, and others.

Curated by Dorothee Bienert, Dortje Drechsel, Marina Sorbello, and
Antje Weitzel.

===

# COMMUNISMS' AFTERLIVES

Conference, at Béton Salon (Paris), Saturday 24 April.
>From 4 to 6 pm
http://www.betonsalon.net/

Through a series of polemic dialogues, "Communisms' Afterlives" would
like to trace different generations of intellectuals (artists,
curators, philosophers, art historians) from the former East and West
of Europe that deal with "shades of red", the afterlives of Communism
and its (un)expected turning points in its most recent philosophical
and artistic reception following the financial and, more generally,
post-Fordist crisis.

For "Communisms' Afterlives", Société Réaliste will evoke the
foundation of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast in the Stalinist Soviet
Union and would like to come back on certain ideological and
geopolitical shapes, common to political theories as different in
appearance than stalinism and zionism. The main focus point of this
presentation will be the "question of the stranger" within the state
communism weltanschauung, and to which extent this question rationally
produces a criticism of the communist classical "state theory" as well
as some of its actualisations.

With contributions by Pietro Bianchi, Nataša Petrešin-Bachelez, Renata
Poljak, Société Réaliste, Elena Sorokina, Oxana Timofeeva.

Curated by Elena Sorokina and Nataša Petrešin-Bachelez.

===

# “2ND RENNES BIENNIAL: WHAT COMES”

Collective exhibition, at Couvent des Jacobins (Rennes) and other
locations, April 29 > July 18.
Opening: Thursday 29 April, 18:00.
http://www.lesateliersderennes.fr

All systems, all communities, all individuals interact with the
future. Between what comes to us, whose contours we imagine and plan
out by various means, and what comes from us, being our decisions and
our actions, there exists a complex space of anticipation, strategy,
invention and expectation, nourished by our imagination, our desires
and our fears. An indissoluble link between past, present and future
constitutes the vector of the course of our existence and, faced by
what comes, we oscillate between helplessness - because of the
inadequacy or absence of our responses - and forcefulness - because of
the freedom that the not‐yet‐happened leaves open to us. The central
question of the exhibition "What comes" therefore remains the
possibilities of emancipation from all attempts to alienate our free
will when it is time to construct the future.

Société Réaliste will exhibit in the biennial a newly produced in situ
work, entitled "L'avenir dure longtemps, Appendix, Rennes", that
attempts through a repeated typographical and vandalistic act to turn
the former convent into a collective tomb.

With works by Aggtelek, Anonymous (RO), Davide Balula, Barking Dogs
United, Berdaguer & Péjus, Pierre Bismuth, Stéfanie Bourne, Thierry
Boutonnier, Stefanie Bühler, Bureau d'études, Mauro Cerqueira,
Catherine Contour, Colectivo Tercerunquinto, Jocelyn Cottencin, Didier
Courbot, Michel de Broin, Simona Denicolai & Ivo Provoost, Mati Diop,
Reynald Drouhin, Frédéric Dumond, Laurent Duthion, Francesco Finizio,
Yona Friedman, Dora Garcia, Mario Garcia Torres, Liam Gillick,
Goldin+Senneby, Thomas Hirschhorn, Kan-Si, Djamel Kokene, Emmanuelle
Lainé, Claude Lévêque, Basim Magdy, Dafna Maimon, Damien Marchal,
Mario Merz, Alain Michard, Benoît-Marie Moriceau, Barbara Noiret,
Piniang, Renata Poljak, Julien Prévieux, Hinrich Sachs, Société
Réaliste, Flavien Théry, and Ultralab.

Curated by Raphaële Jeune.

===
STILL ON
===

# VOUS ETES ICI, collective exhibition, at Musée des Beaux-Arts (Dunkerque).
# HYPOTHESES / VERIFICATIONS, collective exhibition, at Laboratoria
(Moscow). http://newlaboratoria.ru/www/eng
# GEOGRAPHY OF TRANS-TERRITORIES, collective exhibition, at Walter and
McBean Galleries, SFAI (San Francisco). http://www.waltermcbean.com

===

/// coopérative société réaliste, still claiming ownership of Ile
Saint-Louis in Paris, since 1871.
http://www.societerealiste.net

--
/// coopérative société réaliste, Paris, depuis 1871.
http://www.societerealiste.net