[artinfo] filmfestival crossing europe for students

Adrien Török adrien.torok at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:35:14 CEST 2010

dear adrien,

for the upcoming filmfestival crossing europe in linz (april 20-25th) i have
the opportunity to invite 3-5 students from abroad as visitors, who would
get free accreditation (full access festivalpasses) and free accommodation
(sofas at our students private flats ;) in frame of a very unpretentious
informal
"exchange-program", which we call "couchsurfing".

main goal is to provide an easy way to visit our local filmfestival for
foreign students as well as an unbureaucratic access to have a look at
different forms of studying at other universities and to increase the
mobility of students in an uncomplicated way. as a nice sideeffect, the
couchsurfing idea brings people with similar but diverse interests closer in
a very simple way.

some of our students are offering places to sleep in their flats for the
guests during this week, which is a nice way to initiate communication and
friendships. the same thing works sometimes vice-versa.

to spread this idea a little bit more over europe, i was thinking of
inviting some students from budapest this time.
unfortunately, janos sugar is having the entry-exams exactly during the
festivalweek, so i was asking him to forward my offer to his students, but i
didn´t get any response until now.

so, if you both would know some students from intermedia or other film- or
videorelated branches, who could be interested to make a short visit in
linz, i would be very glad, if you could forward them my offer offer and my
contact-details (jo at smetschka.com)

we cannot pay for travelling costs, but there is a pretty good and fast
train-connection with railjet and maybe they have some niceprice-offers from
budapest as well. (in december i paid just about 40 euros for both
directions)
we try to motivate the students to organize everything themselves after
establishing first contacts, which usually works pretty well.

thanks a lot :)
and some sunny greetings from austria,
joachim

www.crossingeurope.at