[artinfo] Call for entries: apexart Franchise Two

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Wed Oct 28 12:23:02 CET 2009

apexart
291 Church Street
New York, NY 10013
Phone: 001 917 330 92 33
Contact: Steven Rand
info at apexart.org
<http://mailer.e-artnow.org/typo3conf/ext/tcdirectmail/click.php?l=0&t=html&c=144e7d9a&s=5909452>www.apexart.org

Franchise Two
'considering the same boundary between art and business. again'

Accepting submissions from anyplace, now through
December 15, 2009

As the art world adopts strategies from the world
of business, cultural organizations have set up
franchises around the globe. For the second year,
apexart is joining this trend and setting up its
own franchise in a new city.

This competition is an opportunity for anyone
from anywhere to create their own temporary
apexart in your city, town or village. For a
four-week exhibition from March 13 - April 17,
2010, you will be the director, curator and/or
staff of your own apexart franchise with a
budget, a modest salary, and almost complete
control. We will provide the funding (up to
10,000 USD), along with the necessary guidance to
make your curated exhibition happen. This
includes an apexart brochure in an edition of
10,000 and its distribution around the world to
more than 108 countries and a visit or two from us

In addition, prior to your show, we'll arrange to
bring you to NYC for three days, to visit apexart.

The Franchise is an opportunity to help bring an
idea to fruition in a new place and to give
someone an interesting opportunity. This year we
will exclude people in large cities like New
York, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo from applying, and
invite submissions from locations with less than
500,000 people. Places such as Moshupa or Priboj.
Baton Rouge or Lübeck, Cadiz or Az-Zawiyah,
Heidelberg or Zinder.

To participate, please submit a reason in the
form of a 250 word essay, along with four images,
to tell the jurors why apexart should come to
you. We encourage applicants to use the 250 words
in any way they see fit. Applications will be
accepted until December 15, 2009.

Visit
<http://mailer.e-artnow.org/typo3conf/ext/tcdirectmail/click.php?l=2&t=html&c=144e7d9a&s=5909452>www.apexart.org/franchisetwo.htm
for information on how to apply.