[artinfo] Center for Icelandic Art seeks new director
ecsoka at mucsarnok.hu
Wed Nov 4 09:38:11 CET 2009
e-artnow presents: Center for Icelandic Art seeks new directorCenter for Icelandic Art seeks new director
Center for Icelandic Art
Phone: ++354-562-72 62
Fax: ++354-562-66 56
board at cia.is
Deadline for applications:
November 23, 2009
Center for Icelandic Art seeks new director
Deadline for applications: November 23, 2009
The Center for Icelandic Art was established in 2005 with the key role of presenting Icelandic visual artists abroad. It is an independent institution, primarily funded by the Icelandic Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. All the main visual arts institutions and associations in Iceland are members of the institution.
The new director will be the successor of Dr. Christian Schoen, CIA.IS" founding director, who has build up its international reputation over the past five years. His term will end on February 28, 2010.
CIA.IS aims at building and strengthening the networks between the local and international visual art scene and activating the engagement of Icelandic visual artists and professionals in the international art scene. In the coming years, among the Center"s goals are to:
- Facilitate the presentation of Icelandic artists abroad in international galleries, at exhibitions and events of various kinds.
- Facilitate participation of Icelandic art galleries in established art fairs.
- Initiate collaborations between Icelandic and international artists in Iceland and abroad.
- Create a residency program for international art professionals in Iceland.
- Extend CIA.IS" visitor"s program in close collaboration with private and public institutions.
- Secure Iceland as a host country for international art projects and strengthen the position of Iceland as a cultural destination
The board of the Center for Icelandic Art seeks a new director with an inspirational view on how to promote Icelandic art abroad. The director is the full-time controller of the Center's operations, appointed by the board for five years. The director is responsible for the Center's activities and policies, seeking to improve connections between Iceland and the international art community. The director is responsible to the board.
The Director manages the daily running of the Center, is responsible for its finances, raises funds, prepares budgets and manages accounts. The Director presents budgets to the Board for approval and is responsible to the Board for budgetary implementation.
The canditates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Education in art history, curatorial studies or other comparable studies.
- Good connections with museums, collectors, curators and other proffessionals in the visual art field.
- Experience with international correspondance
- Good English in writing and -speaking is required, and knowledge of the Nordic languages is an advantage.
- Good organizational and financial management skills and experience with fundraising
Applicants need to supply documents that confirm their qualifications together with the application, and should express their salary expectations.
Further information can be found on the Center"s website: www.cia.is
Applications in digital format only must be sent via email to Dr. Halldór Bjőrn Runólfsson, chairman of the CIA.IS board before November 23, 2009 to board at cia.is.
More information about the Artinfo