[artinfo] We won't fly for art

Janos Sugar sj at c3.hu
Fri Jun 12 15:59:42 CEST 2009

We will not take an aeroplane for the sake of
art. For the next 6 months we will find other
ways to visit and participate in exhibitions,
fairs, conferences, meetings, residencies. We
will not fly for inspiration, nor to appreciate,
buy or sell art.
But only if 6 others will do the same AND replicate this pledge.
http://www.pledgebank.com/wewontflyforart5

The website for Reduce Art Flights, a project by
Gustav Metzger, recently went live with an
introduction, mp3 interview and email list
signup. It's a simple site with a broad goal:
reducing the art world's ferocious surge of
capitalism and subsequent use of airplane travel.
The project was first realized at Sculpture
Projects Münster in 2007 as a leaflet based on a
WWII Royal Air Force poster that detailed the
bombing of Germany.
http://ecoartblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/reduce-art-flights.html