[artinfo] TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING 2008!

Espen Gangvik espen at gangvik.no
Sat Oct 4 13:48:51 CEST 2008

TEKS - Trondheim Electronic Arts Centre presents:
HYBRIDS - TRONDHEIM MATCHMAKING 2008 - Festival
for art and technology - October 17 and 18.
www.matchmaking.no.

---

From medieval mythologies we are familiar with
hybrid creatures like the Centaur and the
Griffon. The creation of these fantasy beings
denies in itself the very existence of species as
we define the term today.

This year´s conference looks closer on how
knowledge from new research radically can happen
to change human biology and self understanding,
and how art practice both becomes influenced by
this development, as well as being able to
influence it.

The conference keynote speaker is researcher and
artist Roy Ascott (UK), pioneer within
interactive computer art in the 60´s and later
telematic art. Ascott is founder of the Planetary
Collegium, he is a professor at Technoetic Arts
at the University of Plymouth in addition to
several other positions and appointments. Ascott
is today one of our most innovative theorists
regarding our virtual present and future.

Further at the festival you will among others be
able to experience speakers and exhibitors as
moderator Laura Beloff (FIN), Natasha Vita-More
(US), Margarete Jahrmann (AUS), Eva Sutton (US),
Victoria Vesna (US), Marta De Menezes (P), Eric
Singer (US), Amy Youngs (US),
Peter Flemming (CAN) and George Gessert (US).

This year´s festival concerts includes names as
ALEPH (N), BOL (N), LEMUR & ADAM MATTA (US),
PIERRE BASTIEN (NL), INCITE/ (D) and XPLODING
PLASTIX (N)!

The exhibition HYBRIDS opens Friday the 17th of
Oct. at Trøndelag Centre for Contemporary Art.

WARMLY WELCOMED!

Trondheim Matchmaking is supported by the City of
Trondheim and the Arts Council Norway.
Trondheim Matchmaking was founded in 2002.

---

TEKS\
http://www.teks.no\
\