[artinfo] Utopia of Space-Post for Kyrgyzstan

molnar krisztina chrimol at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 10:29:57 CET 2007

Post for Kyrgyzstan

http://www.paeckchen.org/__index.html

How does one bring international art into a country
which does not have the financial means required for
the organisation of an international exhibition? The
endless search for sponsors seemed to us to be tedious
and unprofitable. We therefore decided to call on
artists to send their work in a parcel or letter. With
this action we want to draw attention to a country
which is widely unknown, while at the same time
enriching local cultural activity. There is great
interest in international art, but few offers, and for
the majority of the Kirghiz people travelling is still
unaffordable.

Our intention is to give people an understanding of
contemporary art, and also to show that art does not
necessarily depend on expensive material and immense
effort. We are looking forward to all the "parcels"
and hope for lively participation.

Concept

The theme of the exhibition is »Utopia of Space«.
The entry deadline is 15th February 2008 (postmark)
Shipping parcels from Europe to Kyrgyzstan usually
takes approximately four weeks). Please send to:

re: Post for Kyrgyzstan
Bishkek Art Center
Karasaeva Street 1
720031 Bishkek
Kyrgyz Republik

We would like to point out, that all pieces of work
will be displayed in the exhibition in the »Bishkek
Art Center« (possibly in the Bishkek Museum of Fine
Arts). The exhibition will be opened on 29 March 2008.
All parcels or letters, including contents, as
installation or object, will be displayed according to
the instructions of the artists. Furthermore all works
of art will be published on our website including a
brief introduction of the artist. All works ill be
transported to Berlin by a forwarding agency.

The following measures are being planned:

A selection of all pieces oft art will be presented in
the Museum of Fine Arts. Judges will be renowned
kyrkyzs artists. Furthermore there will be an
exhibition of selected works in Berlin. Judges and
location will be announced.

What will happen with the pieces of work in Berlin?

Artists who would like to have their pieces of art
sent back, please enclose return postage. We are
planning to continue this project and to send the
works to other cities. We will decide this after a
successful exhibition All artists involved will be
informed and asked for permission. We also plan to
make a catalogue.

We ask all artists to fill in the [ application form ]
below and to send it to us via e-mail. As a special
service all senders will regularly receive a
newsletter. We also ask the participants to fill in
and sign the [ declaration of consent ] and enclose it
in the parcel or letter.

Please find out about the postal expenses in your
country and make sure that the contents of your parcel
is well protected to avoid damage during the
transport.