[artinfo] workshop 4 artmanagers
alexa.cs at virgin.net
Fri Jul 13 17:57:35 CEST 2007
Open Call for Applications
Deadline: 1st September 2007
Independent Creative Art Spaces Leadership Training is part of the Artists' Networks and Autonomous Cultural Centers, an initiative set up by ASEF (www.asef.org) in 2003 aiming to contribute to the promotion of artists' mobility, exchange of cultural professionals and exposure for cultural practitioners.
Implemented in partnership with artist-run-spaces, autonomous cultural centers and/or artists' networks, the projects aim at encouraging discussions on issues such as cultural management strategies, contemporary artistic practices and to be a launch pad for eventual future collaborations between Asia and Europe.
This five-day intensive workshop shall concentrate on the role and importance of the artists/manager in multi-disciplinary Independent Creative Art Spaces. Various interactive sessions shall examine different aspects of managing an art space in relation to real life case studies presented by the participants. Challenges in planning, human resources, budgeting, fundraising, communication as well as issues around community involvement and audience development will be discussed and presented.
This workshop shall offer an opportunity to reflect on how 20 artist/ managers from Asia and Europe manage and lead their organization, to benchmark with others in the field and to learn new skills and approaches through experienced arts managers and trainers in the field. The training will empower them as leaders in their field and create a basis and opportunity for long term exchange and cooperation between participants.
The candidate should be:
1) from either Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mongolia, Malta, Myanmar, The Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom, Vietnam.
2) Be between 25-35 years of age
3) Be fluent and articulate in spoken English
4) Be taking on a leadership position in the organization
5) Be interested in developing international exchange and cooperation
6) A few years´ experience in managing an interdisciplinary creative art space with a need of additional expertise to bring the art space to a new faze of development
Have arts project experience and about to open his/her first art space OR Managing an interdisciplinary art space and would like to broaden his/ her vision, skills and international perspective
7) Be open-minded, willing to share his/her own experiences and knowledge
For the full information on this open call for applications and the application form, go to
and download the documents from the ASEF website.
Looking forward to receive your applications to ASEF by email by September 1st to:
Cultural Exchange Department
Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
31 Heng Mui Keng Terrace | Singapore 119595 Tel : (65) 6874 9724 | Fax : (65) 6872 1207
E-mail: Katelijn.verstraete at asef.org
More information about the Artinfo