[artinfo] Fw: proposal of collaboration : Pocket Films Festival, Paris

C3 Information info at c3.hu
Fri Jan 19 19:33:29 CET 2007

From: Yves Gaillard <yves.gaillard at forumdesimages.fr>
To: info at c3.hu
Sent: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:25:21 +0100
Subject: proposal of collaboration : Pocket Films Festival, Paris

The 3rd edition of the Pocket Films Festival, festival of films made
with cellular telephones organized by the Forum des images, will take
place in the Georges Pompidou Center, Paris, on June 8-9-10, 2007.

For this new edition we propose to filmmakers, photographers, video and
graphic artists all over the world to direct films made with cellular
phones. We are now in the process of seeking interested persons
regarding this invitation.

We would be very grateful to you if you would suggest artists, art
groups or persons who would be interested in participating in our
festival. We would also be very interested to discuss the eventuality of
a collaboration between our festival and your Fondation.

Please feel free to relay our invitation to whom you may consider to be
potentially interested.

Pocket Films Festival is an event organized by the Forum des images, a
major cultural institution in Paris dedicated to the exploration of
relations between cinema, technologies and society.

In 2005, The Forum des images launched the first edition of the Pocket
Films Festivals. Our mission is to explore and stimulate the creative
possibilities offered by the new generation of cellular telephones.
Since the first edition, the Pocket Films Festival organized filmmaking
workshops, conferences and debates, and invited French video and graphic
artists, writers, filmmakers, art and film schools students, to make
films made with cellular telephones.

More than 1,000 films were created for the festival, some of them
reaching international acclaim like ? Nocturnes for the King of Rome ?
by Jean-Charles Fitoussi, selected at the International Critic?s Week at
the Cannes Film Festival.

I invite you to visit our website for more information and to see some
of the films made especially for our festival. The english version of
the site will be available very soon. Thank you for your patience.

www.festivalpocketfilms.fr

We hope our project will interest you. I would be pleased to answer any
questions you have about the event.

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Yves Gaillard

--
Yves Gaillard
programmation internationale / international programmation

tel. : +33 1 44 76 63 77
e-mail : yves.gaillard at forumdesimages.fr

www.festivalpocketfilms.fr
www.forumdesimages.net