[artinfo] pull up a Chair (or two)?

Norman norman at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 28 01:40:07 CET 2006

We're currently seeking two Chairs for Newcastle
University, to work in close collaboration with
Culture Lab; please pass on to all potentially
interested persons. Full application details at
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/vacancy.phtml?ref=G1590
Application deadline December 14th.

Best to all

sjn
(Culture Lab director)

Summary description:

We are seeking to appoint creative practitioners
who have a strong international profile in any
field of Digital Media research and Film research
and who have a proven track record of working
across disciplinary boundaries. These Chair
appointments will harness, stimulate and develop
interdisciplinary agendas in both teaching and
research being developed in film, creative
practice and performance across the Schools, Faculty and University.

Working closely with, and partly based in Culture
Lab the Chairs will contribute to the
University’s fostering of ground-breaking,
practice-based research through innovative
research agendas and projects. The Chairs will
attract external research funding (for example
from research councils and industrial sources) at
local, national and international level.

Further appointments will be attached to the post in Digital Media.

The posts are available from 1st January 2007 or as soon as possible thereafter.