[artinfo] THE CORPORATION - ha meg nem lattad

Beata Hock gphhob01 at phd.ceu.hu
Thu Nov 16 16:15:02 CET 2006

a film screening as part of BUY CONSCIOUSLY DAY

THE CORPORATION
2003, 145 min
Directed by: Jennifer Abbott & Mark Achbar

THE CORPORATION explores the nature and spectacular rise of the dominant institution of our time. Footage from pop culture, advertising, TV news, and corporate propaganda, illuminates the corporation's grip on our lives. Taking its legal status as a "person" to its logical conclusion, the film puts the corporation on the psychiatrist's couch to ask "What kind of person is it?" Provoking, witty, sweepingly informative, The Corporation includes forty interviews with corporate insiders and critics - including Milton Friedman, Noam Chomsky, Naomi Klein, and Michael Moore - plus true confessions, case studies and strategies for change.

Introduction and presentation of CEU Social and Environmental Responsibility Charter by John Harbord (Center for Academic Writing, CEU Committee for Social and Environmental Responsibility).

Meeting after the film for anyone interested in a more environmentally friendly CEU!

Tuesday, November 21st

5 p.m., CEU Auditorium
Budapest V., Nádor u. 9-11.