[artinfo] FACE calls- please distribute

milan vracar miiilaaaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 15:01:15 CEST 2006

1. CALL FOR ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
  AAC kulturanova is running site-specific festival in Novi Sad, Serbia, FACE - festival of alternative creative exchange. For 2007. edition (this festival is bi-annual) the theme will be the River. We are now looking for artistic director from Hungary. Propositions:
  - till 25 years old in October 2007
  - energetic,enthusiastic, innovative
  - well educated in the field of conteporary art (MA in art theory, if possible)
  - well informed about current trends in contemporary art in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Slovakia,  Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and Serbia
  - willing to spend 6 months in Serbia on a wokring residency
  For any further information please contact:
  Milan Vracar
  milankn at gmail.com
AAC kulturanova
Zmaj Jovina 4/II
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
t/f +38121452543
cell +381641814539

--
--
Milan Vracar

",1] );  D(["mb","--
",1] ); D(["mb","- Show quoted text  -

--
Milan Vracar
AAC kulturanova

  2.CALL FOR PARTNERS
<please feel free to distribute>

Dear Friends,
AAC kulturanova is running site-specific festival in Novi Sad, Serbia, FACE - festival of alternative creative exchange. For 2007. edition (this festival is bi-annual) the theme will be the River. We are now looking for partners from Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Slovakia,  Bosnia and Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and Serbia. The artists will gather around joint site-specific works of art. Our organization' focus is on development of urban youth culture and raising awareness on relevant social issues, with the vision of building creative platforms for youth in Novi Sad and in region.
  The festival is happening in the year of 10th anniversarie of Conference in Helsinki 1997 at which the pan-European corridors were agreed on, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Corridor VII was signed by the competent ministries of Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia,
  Bulgaria , Romania , Moldova , Ukraine Our main goal is to fight xenophobia and improve dialogue between different cultures, because, although the political situation in Serbia has changed in many ways, the young still  bear the scars of the previous war and we believe that this model could help them overcome the problems they are facing, as well as synchronize home art scene with current European trends. \n
\n
\nThe  artists will gather around joint site-specific works of art which would reflect their idea of what it means to be a European citizen. The Danube is the second largest river in Europe - after the Volga. \nThe territory covered by the Danube\n river basin measures almost 1 million km². This is roughly one-third of the EU-15\'s  territory ( 3.2 mill km²). The Danube River Basin is home to 81 million people with a wide range of cultures, languages and historical backgrounds. That is why we would like to question the relationship of a city (and citizens) and the river. What role a culture can take in such context? We need to re-think an alternative way on understanding  contemporary art of critical thinking and its implementations in everyday life and that is why this festival gathers young and creative people who are exploring marginal areas of art. " \nF.A.C.E." project is rich in various types of happenings, such as: street performance, video-art, installations,
 interactive paint  exhibitions etc; often combining numerous things into an integral art ___expression.",1] );  //-->and by the European Commission. That year and a Steering Committee of Paneuropean Transport decided to establish Corridor VII – The Danube. Our main goal is to fight xenophobia and improve dialogue between different cultures, because, although the political situation in Serbia has changed in many ways, the young still bear the scars of the previous war and we believe that this model could help them overcome the problems they are facing, as well as synchronize home art scene with current European trends.

  The artists will gather around joint site-specific works of art which would reflect their idea of what it means to be a European citizen. The Danube is the second largest river in Europe - after the Volga. The territory covered by the Danube river basin measures almost 1 million km². This is roughly one-third of the EU-15's territory ( 3.2 mill km²). The Danube River Basin is home to 81 million people with a wide range of cultures, languages and historical backgrounds. That is why we would like to question the relationship of a city (and citizens) and the river. What role a culture can take in such context? We need to re-think an alternative way on understanding contemporary art of critical thinking and its implementations in everyday life and that is why this festival gathers young and creative people who are exploring marginal areas of art. " F.A.C.E." project is rich in various types of happenings, such as: street performance, video-art, installations, interactive
 paint exhibitions etc; often combining numerous things into an integral art ___expression. \n
\n
\nAs a part of the festival there will be organized a numerous events, such as scientific conference on the University of Novi Sad on the themes of river protection, an  international art conference in Belgrade on the theme « Local and regional cultural policies and possibilities for cooperation - a way to achieve a common European future» (because we believe that the future Europe is the Europe of it\'s cities and the regions), during which we shall debate on some issues of modern European  integration process and try to affect \n  the development of cultural policy for the youth in the Southeastern Europe and wider.
\n
\nBasicaly, the role of partner is to do promotion of the festival in their country, to be selector for artist from that country, to have it\'s representative during prep meeting, to organise everything about the trip to festival, to be logistical coordinator, to try to fundreise localy or regionaly and maybe to organise a follow up event in their country.  The festival is consisted of many different parts, so some of the partners that have experience in certain field could be responsible for that part of festival. For example one can be responsible just for the festival conference. We would like it to be real joint project and we are really open to any comment and  suggestion. On one\'s request we will send you more info about previous editions of this festival, more precise explanation of role of partners and some other agendas. \n
Kind regards
Milan
--
Milan  Vracar
AAC kulturanova

  As a part of the festival there will be organized a numerous events, such as scientific conference on the University of Novi Sad on the themes of river protection, an international art conference in Belgrade on the theme « Local and regional cultural policies and possibilities for cooperation - a way to achieve a common European future» (because we believe that the future Europe is the Europe of it's cities and the regions), during which we shall debate on some issues of modern European integration process and try to affect   the development of cultural policy for the youth in the Southeastern Europe and wider.

  milankn at gmail.com
AAC kulturanova
Zmaj Jovina 4/II
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia