[artinfo] create a video loop for "loop pool"

georg_graw grawboeckler at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 13:54:01 CET 2006

Idea: A loop is a magic moment that never ends: a "perpetual mobile" of
visual emotion.

Invitation: You are cordially invited to participate in the loop pool
project by "Raum fuer Projektion" (space for projection). We would be very
happy for you to create a video loop for this project. Do something new or
use material that you have already shot / produced.

Final product: The final product will be a DVD & a Screening Tape of Video
Loops by different Video Artists & Film makers. loop pool will be released
as a DVD and will be shown on different screenings by "Raum fuer
Projektion". During the Screenings there will be a DJ or Live Music. loop
pool 06 is already the second edition of the project. Find more information
about the first release at
<http://www.raumfuerprojektion.de/>www.raumfuerprojektion.de

Presentation: loop pool will be presented for the first time during four
nights at the Festival Lounge of "International Short Film Festival
Oberhausen" (5th-8th of May 2006).

More info: <http://www.kurzfilmtage.de/>www.kurzfilmtage.de

Technical requirements: It is possible to create video loops with the DVD
format. There is only one restriction: at the track-changing point the DVD
will pause on the last frame and the sound stops for a moment until the
video starts again. Please keep this in mind when you create your video
loop. If the video loop is short we can loop it smoothly and postpone the
track point. Scheme: loop | loop | loop | loop loop | break point | loop...

Loops can be silent or with sound. Please keep in mind that loops are to be
watched again and again. Sound has to be chosen very carefully so as not to
become bothering after a while. Length of Loop can vary (from a few seconds
to a couple of minutes). We ask every participant to create one video loop.
Please donīt hesitate to contact us for further explanations or anything else.

Deadline 1st of April 2006 (premiere is scheduled on the 8th of May 06)

Format: Please send a file (NTSC or PAL, Quicktime or AVI) on DVD-R or CD-R
or a Mini-DV tape (PAL only). Please DONīT send a video-dvd.

Mailing-Address: Michael Heydebreck, Auenweg 173, Gebaeude 9, D-51063
Cologne, Germany.

Financial Arrangement: The DVD label "Raum fuer Projektion" is publishing
"loop pool". There will be no Screening Fee for the presentation during
"International Short Film Festival Oberhausen". The Festival will pay for a
DVD edition of 1000 (including promotional copies). Each artist will
receive four specimen copies and the other DVDs will be sold. The wholesale
price minus the cost of promotion and distribution goes to the
participating artists & the label (60% artists / 40% label). Please keep in
mind that returns will be small.

Raum fuer Projektion is a temporary projection space and a DVD Label based
in Cologne / Germany and run by film makers Ursula Boeckler & Georg Graw.
Info at <http://www.raumfuerprojektion.de/>www.raumfuerprojektion.de

contact: <mailto:%20grawboeckler at gmx.de>grawboeckler at gmx.de

Invitation / recommendation / participation: If you know someone who should
participate as well, let us know!

Disclaimer: loop pool started as an "invitation only" project. We are very
interested in receiving loops by artists whose work we donīt know, but we
can not guarantee participation in the project.