[artinfo] OPEN CALL: LA Freewaves (experimental media art, video, animation, shorts)

Manuel Saiz saiz at unxposed.com
Thu Feb 2 00:32:35 CET 2006

OPEN CALL: LA Freewaves (experimental media art, video, animation, shorts)
*PLEASE POST/FORWARD*

Too Much Freedom? LA Freewaves 10th Celebration of Experimental Media Arts

Postmark Deadline: February 15, 2006.

The showcase will present experimental media art from around the world at
art venues in Los Angeles in November 2006 and through the Freewaves web
site. Media art works include experimental video and film (narrative,
documentary, art, animation, etc.), DVDs, websites, simple installations,
and video billboards. Works from the festival will also appear on public
television, cable stations and video-streamed on the Internet. Competitive
selection process will be conducted by a group of international and local
curators with diverse specialties and backgrounds. Notification of
acceptance is in July 2006. Artist payments will be $200 for selected works.

How to Enter:

* Work must be completed since January 1, 2003.
* Entries must be postmarked to Freewaves by February 15, 2006.
* Include completed entry form.
* Label entries with title, artist's name, length, date of work and format.
* For initial viewing, we prefer Quicktime data files on CD or DVD (not
encoded). If accepted, we will request a better quality copy of the work
for exhibition.
* Include a resume or bio plus a one paragraph description for each work
submitted.
* For websites, indicate URL address on application form.
* For installation proposals, include additional description and
diagrams/images.
* If you are in US, include self-addressed stamped envelope for return of work.
* There is no entry fee to submit work.

Send To:
LA Freewaves
2151 Lake Shore Ave
Los Angeles CA USA 90039
Questions: write anne at freewaves.org

-------------------------------------

Open Call Entry Form
Too Much Freedom? LA Freewaves 10th Celebration of Experimental Media Arts

Please type or print clearly.

Artist Name:______________________________________________
Street Address:___________________________________________
City, State and Zip Code:____________________________________
Country:_________________________________________________
Email Address:____________________________________________
Phone Number:___________________________________________
---------------------------------------
Title of Entry 1:____________________________________________
Description/Date of Work: ___________________________________
Format/URL:______________________________________________
Running Time: ________ minutes
---------------------------------------
Title of Entry 2:____________________________________________
Description/Date of Work: ___________________________________
Format/URL:______________________________________________
Running Time: ________ minutes
---------------------------------------
Title of Entry 3:____________________________________________
Description/Date of Work: ___________________________________
Format/URL:______________________________________________
Running Time: ________ minutes
---------------------------------------
For initial viewing, we prefer Quicktime data files on CD or DVD (not
encoded). If accepted, we will request a better quality copy of the work
for exhibition.

___Yes! Sign me up for membership. Here's my $25 donation. I want LA
Freewaves to continue to promote and exhibit innovative new media art.
___Sorry, I'd love to contribute to LA Freewaves at this time, but I can't.
___ I'm not entering the festival, but sign me up for membership. LA
Freewaves rocks!! (Indicate name, physical address and email above and send
form with your $25 check.) Make membership check or money order payable to
LA Freewaves.

Enclose resume/bio, work description text and SASE. For questions and
entries, contact Anne Bray at anne at freewaves.org or:

LA Freewaves
2151 Lake Shore Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039 USA