[artinfo] Umelec - Swiss Issue

Dimitrina Sevova sevo at kein.org
Tue Aug 29 08:51:27 CEST 2006

I am pleased to call to your attention the "Swiss
Issue" of Umelec <http://www.divus.cz/umelec/>,
available (in German, English and Czech,
depending on the region) from the newsstands of a
select number of specialized bookshops and venues
across Europe (in Zurich, you'll find it at
Kunstgriff). If you cannot wait till you hold it
in your hands, feel free to "leaf" through the
English edition online
<http://www.divus.cz/umelec/en/pages/umelec.php>.

You will also find there my own contribution to
this issue, "Sparks from the Interaction between
Art and Politics in Zurich"
<http://www.divus.cz/umelec/en/pages/umelec.php?id=1051&roc=2006&cis=2#clanek>.

See below the official announcement by the Swiss editor, Oliver Kielmayer.

Regards,

Dimitrina Sevova
*code flow*
http://www.code-flow.net

The international art magazine UMELEC is
announcing its current number which is dedicated
to the Swiss art scene. This is the initial step
of an expansion to Switzerland.

UMELEC (means 'artist') was first published 1997
in Czech language by Divus publications in
Prague. Since 2000 it is available in English and
since 2004 also in German. The current number
offers 40 pages about the contemporary Swiss art
scene with articles by Alena Boika, Christoph
Doswald, Beate Engel, Thomas Hämmerli, Oliver
Kielmayer, Kunstfly, Burkhard Meltzer, Annemarie
Reichen, Marion Ronca, Simone Schardt and
Dimitrina Sevova.

In Switzerland, Umelec is currently available at:
Buchhandlung Kunstgriff, Zürich
Kunsthalle, Winterthur
Fri-Art, Fribourg

For subscriptions:
Petra Schläpfer, petra.schlaepfer at hispeed.ch

Editor Switzerland:
Oliver Kielmayer, kielmayer at gmx.net

If you wish a copy of the magazine, do not
hesitate to contact Mrs Schläpfer or Mr Kielmayer