[artinfo] artistic project

dejoie-robin violaine v-dejoierobin at club-internet.fr
Mon May 30 05:13:38 CEST 2005

Violaine Dejoie-Robin
Association Val des Rivières
Kernevel Rosporden 29140
France
Tel: +33 (0)2 98 57 86 67
Email: valdesrivieres at club-internet.fr

we are looking for artists
urgent

Dear Madame, Sir.

I wish to present myself, as a member of the Association ³Val des Rivières.²
The objective of this association is to develop artistic and cultural
projects in Brittany (Northern France). We are currently developing a
project called ³10x10.² The idea for this project was inspired by the
concept of an object that consists of two halves. The aim of this project is
for artists to work on one ³half² of an object, using all artistic
techniques available to them. These ³halves² will be considered as whole
works in their own right. At a later stage during the project, there will be
the involvement of French artists, who will choose one of these pieces of
art with which they feel a special affinity. The French artists will then
produce the complement of their chosen artwork, or the other ³half² of the
object. The artists will be filmed whilst they are working, with the French
and foreign artists meeting for the first time during the editing phase of
filming.

We have submitted the proposal for the ³10x10² project to our Aid and
Development Committee. In the meantime we are seeking the names of artists
whose background and experience corresponds with the aims of the project. In
autumn 2005, we envisage inviting a total of five artists, from five
different countries of the European Union, to work with us (during a period
of one month). These artists will be provided with board and lodging, at the
association¹s headquarters, and will receive a salary for their
participation. The work will take place within one of five rural Breton
communities already identified.

Artists that are interested in participating should contact me either by
email or by letter, including a copy of their CV or book (at a later date,
the artists selected will be requested to submit a preparatory piece of
work). Should our project receive the financial aid that we have requested
from the region, we will be sending you an official request for artists.

I very much hope to hear from you in the near future. Should you have any
questions regarding my request, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,