[artinfo] Igor Zabel 1958 - 2005

e-Flux info at mailer.e-flux.com
Tue Jul 26 11:20:44 CEST 2005

   [1122331984IGORZABEL3.jpg"]
   [spacer.gif"]

   Igor Zabel 1958 - 2005

   It is with a profound sense of sadness that we must announce the
   sudden passing of Igor Zabel, MA, senior curator and consultant at the
   Moderna galerija / Museum of Modern Art in Ljubljana. The unexpected
   and very premature loss of our esteemed colleague and dear friend
   leaves behind an inconceivable void, a void that will be bitterly felt
   not only by our Museum, but more generally by Slovene and
   international art history and the numerous other fields Igor Zabel was
   active in as a philosopher, author, essayist, literary and art critic,
   translator, teacher of new generations of curators of contemporary
   art
 In addition to his expertise and extreme versatility, we shall
   also sorely miss his humor, his broadness of spirit, his kindness and
   warmth.
   We shall gather to honor his memory on August 9, at 8 p.m., at the
   opening of Territories, Identities, Nets—Slovene Art 1995–2005,
   the last exhibition in the trilogy of survey exhibitions he conceived,
   during the preparations for which the tragic accident occurred that
   led to his demise.

   Zdenka Badovinac and colleagues, Moderna galerija / Museum of Modern
   Art, Ljubljana

   Moderna galerija Ljubljana / Museum of Modern Art
   Tomsiceva 14, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
   tel: + 386 1 241 6800, fax: + 386 1 251 4120

   [1]http://www.mg-lj.si