[artinfo] Design of Eastern Europe : 1st Update

ake rudolf ake at idagency.it
Mon Aug 22 20:30:31 CEST 2005

Design of Eastern Europe
Exhibition Project for 2006
www.eastdesign.org

Design of Eastern Europe : is an exhibition project, aiming at the
creation of
a unique show of contemporary design from central and eastern Europe.
Objects eligible for the exhibition may come from all fields of three-
dimensional creation
and must have been designed/produced between 1989 and 2005.

The organizer is Italian Design Agency of Milan, Italy, a design
promotor,
whose current exhibitions include Italian Design on Tour (www.idot.it)
and Italian Classic Design (www.icdontour.it).

This project is partly financed by Italian Design Agency.
It will be realized with funds from museums and institutions.
In addition, state and European funds will be applied for.
Furter details on www.eastdesign.org

:: Update August 19, 2005
:: educational institutions, professional associations, design- related
organizations

:: contents :

:: 1] project partnership
:: 2] web site
:: 3] deadline extension

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
Dear friends,

The exhibition project Design of Eastern and Central Europe is well
under way.
Since the beginning of the research phase in June we've been
establishing cooperations
with the leading design organizations in every country chosen for
participation in the
future exhibition.

Our partners have begun to publicize information about the project
within the design networks
of their respective nations, as does our own organisational team.
We would like to thank every one of our partners for their efforts so
far.

In our eyes, a comprehensive and balanced selection of the past 16
years' of design output
without assistence and cooperation from inside of every nation can
not be achieved.
We hope to continue and further expand cooparations with the common
goal of
arriving at a truly qualitative depiction of each nation's design
achievements.

:: 1] project partnership

Cooperation partners can be educational institutions, professional
associations,
NGO's and press which work actively in the design field.
Cooperations include
the promotion of the project within the design field, in particular
the diffusion of information towards designers and design students
through publication,
direct contacting, linking of the project web site.
Assistence in completing a design database on each nation.
Knowledge-sharing and recommendation of reliable partners, experts
and jurors.

Partner organizations will be properly named on the project and
exhibition web sites,
in all related publications, press releases and the exhibition
catalogue.
Every person involved with the project will be named in relation to
his/her support
in the exhibition and all related publications.

If you would like to become part of this project write to: Ake
Rudolf . project curator . ake at idagency.it

:: 2] web site

An announcement page promoting the project has gone on line. Please
see: www.eastdesign.org
It contains: detailed project information and contacts; downloads:
submission documents, project information, press releases and
multilingual project summaries.
The site will grow together with the project's progress.

Some current partners may not yet appear on eastdesign.org
for placing a link please send us the following data:
1] a valid http:// address
2] your organisation's full name in English

:: 3] deadline extension

After recieving several requests, and in regard to the timing of
educational terms
we have extend the tight deadline for project submissions until

October 31, 2005 : new project submission deadline

All participation documents have been updated.
A detailed project description comes attached with this message.

We invite you to forward the attached document to all who may be
concerned.

­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­­­­­ “–––
­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­
–

As always, comments and questions are welcome

project inquieries: Ake Rudolf . project curator . ake at idagency.it
speaks: English, Polish, German, Italian (French))

press inquieries: Marco Bravo . co-curator . marcobravo at idagency.it
speaks: Italian, French, English)

­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­­­­­ “–––
­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­
–

If you don’t wish to recieve any further information from us click
on : ake at idagency.it

­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­­­­­ “–––
­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­
–

Please note: I will be abroad until Sept.5th and will be reading my e-
mails irregularly.

­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­­­­­ “–––
­­­­­­­­β€“–––––­­­­­­­β€€“––––­­­
–

for the organisational team,
Ake Rudolf
project curator

Notice: new deadline for submissions:

October 31st, 2005

Ake Rudolf . project curator
ake at idagency.it

c/o museum der dinge
oranienstrasse 25, aufg.1, 4.og li
D 10999 berlin
t/f +49 (0)30 61 65 60 05
mob +49 (0)177 41 37 631

www.eastdesign.org

ida . italian design agency
viale coni zugna, 4 . I 20144 milano
t. +39 02 89 07 57 89
f. +39 02 89 07 57 90
www.idagency.it . www.idot.it . www.icdontour.it

Attachment

1] DesignExhibitionFull.pdf
is a comprehensive information sheet, suited for publication and web
posting

(<http://www.idot.it/>www.idot.it)
and Italian Classic Design (<http://www.icdontour.it/>www.icdontour.it).

Furter details on <http://www.eastdesign.org/>www.eastdesign.org

[...]

If you would like to become part of this project write to: Ake Rudolf .
project curator .
<mailto:ake at idagency.it?subject=Design%20of%20Eastern%20Europe%20:%20Cooperation>ake at idagency.it

[...]

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

As always, comments and questions are welcome

project inquieries: Ake Rudolf . project curator .
<mailto:%20ake at idagency.it?subject=Design%20of%20Eastern%20Europe%20:%20inqiry>ake at idagency.it
speaks: English, Polish, German, Italian (French))

press inquieries: Marco Bravo . co-curator .
<mailto:%20marcobravo at idagency.it?subject=Design%20of%20Eastern%20Europe%20:%20inquiry>marcobravo at idagency.it
speaks: Italian, French, English)

If you don’t wish to recieve any further information from us click on :

<mailto:ake at idagency.it>ake at idagency.it

c/o museum der dinge

www.idagency.it . <http://www.idot.it>www.idot.it . www.icdontour.it