[artinfo] Darklight festival

UNXposed Moderator saiz at unxposed.com
Tue Jun 15 14:25:54 CEST 2004

DARKLIGHT DIGITAL FESTIVAL 2004, CALL FOR ENTRIES DEADLINE EXTENDED.

*Please forward or post the following information to interested parties,
news groups or websites*

Darklight Digital Festival is an independent initiative formed to provide a
platform for the convergence of technology, film and art. Our mission is to
support all those whose working practice engages with digital technology to
create new possibilities for the imagination.
Darklight screens cutting-edge innovative films, and hosts a digital art
exhibition, ‘Straylight’, the only dedicated platform for
digital artists in Ireland.

Darklight’s seminar series, ‘Perspectives’, provides a
continuous forum for filmmakers and artists, providing information and
initiating debates on all aspects of digital art and filmmaking, from
aesthetics and technology to copyright, distribution and education.

CALL FOR ENTRIES
DARKLIGHT DIGITAL FESTIVAL 2004
AT THE DIGITAL HUB (dates to be announced)

****** DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FRIDAY 30th JULY 2004 6pm******

Darklight Digital Festival screens short-films, documentaries, music videos,
feature films, and animations, exciting, innovative films that use digital
technology in their production. In September 2004 we will once again bring
to Ireland the best in new cinema. Throughout the year we will be touring
select works in Ireland, Europe and the US.

FILMS

Eligible for entry are feature films, documentary, all CG animation, Flash,
3D etc., experimental video works, music videos, commercial work, motion
graphics, game sequences, DV live action shorts and student work. There are
no restrictions on genre, length or number of submitted works.

Darklight encourages the submission of contemporary works that demonstrate
and explore the creative potential of digital technologies. The entries must
use some sort of digital process in their production.

For entry level we accept only VHS (NTSC or PAL), QuickTime, AVI, WMV and
MPEG on CD or zip disk, as a DVD at preview quality - (approx. 320 x 240 or
greater), or as a URL pointing to your movie.
Please note we will be viewing work on a PC.

SUBMISSIONS

Darklight submissions will be processed on-line and applications can be made
through the entry form available on the site.
The entry form and instructions are now available on the site@
http://www.darklight-filmfestival.com

On submission of an entry, you will receive a NUMBER, this is your PERSONAL
REFRENCE NUMBER and should be quoted on all inquiries and correspondence
concerning your entry.

Please print this number clearly on your VHS Tape, DVD, Zip or CD
submission. A printable label is included on the site and this should be
attached securely to your entry. This label must be completed in full with
the following details.
SUBMISSION NUMBER, TITLE OF WORK, RUNNING TIME, CONTACT NAME, EMAIL AND
PHONE NUMBER.

A separate entry form is required for each piece submitted.

If you have any questions please contact us by email at:
submissions at darklight-filmfestival.com

CONDITIONS AND DEADLINES

The DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is FRIDAY 30th JULY 2004. While the tapes must
reach us no later than the specified date we would appreciate submissions in
advance. If accepted for selection we will need your BETA or DV PAL
exhibition tape by Monday 9th September 2004. We cannot guarantee to show
work if it has not reached us by then.

This exhibition copy will be returned after the festival at the organiser's
(Darklight) expense.

Notification regarding the selection decisions will be issued by 12th of
August.
Due to the volume of entries to be considered, we are unfortunately unable
to supply individual explanations for our decisions.

By submitting a work, you agree that film clips [not more than 2 minutes
long, or 2/3 length of original piece, whichever is shorter] may be used for
festival publicity and related materials [including TV, brochure, poster,
programme and web site]. All legal rights and copyright remains with the
producer of the work.

If your submission is accepted, you grant Darklight permission to showcase
your submission in Dublin in September and at screenings throughout the year
as part of the Darklight Touring programme.

POST & CUSTOMS

Transportation costs of submitted materials will be borne by the applicant.
Applicants shall be liable for all customs duties outside Ireland and shall
be bound to abide by customs rules.
Darklight will only accept packages from abroad whose customs declarations
have been completed correctly. Each package should have a clearly marked
inscription stating its value and information that it is not for commercial
value. Every precaution will be exercised with the entries, but we cannot
assume responsibility for damage or loss of material submitted during post
or handling.

Address:
Darklight Digital Film Festival
69 Dame St.
Dublin 2.
Ireland

Please write clearly on the envelope your submission number.

TAPE RETURN POLICY

Preview submission material will not be returned and will be kept in our
resource library unless a stamped addressed envelope with sufficient postage
IN EUROS is included with your entry. Material will not be returned until
after the festival.

If you have any questions please contact us by email at:
submissions at darklight-filmfestival.com

Please check site for Updates: www.darklight-filmfestival.com

For general information email info(at)darklight-filmfestival.com

In association with Sink Digital Media www.sink.ie E:info at sink.ie Copyright
C Darklight Film Festival Ltd. 2003