[artinfo] SHADOW FESTIVAL 2004

shadow festival info at shadowfestival.nl
Tue Jun 8 15:29:37 CEST 2004

SHADOW FESTIVAL 2004

CALL FOR ENTRIES!

The Shadow Festival will present its fifth edition this November from
the 18th to the 24th. With our main base in the center of Amsterdam, we
will also hold additional screenings in Groningen, Eindhoven and the
Hague. We are proud to have gained a reputation of critical quality
within a few years and hope to continue to highlight the creative
documentary. As in the past, each screening will be followed by an
extended meeting with the filmmaker. Please send us documentaries of any
length that you would like to screen with us. Our official deadline for
submissions is September 1, 2004. Send us a vhs, with English subtitles,
if the film is not in English, and include the form that can be
downloaded from our site http://www.shadowfestival.nl  (you will find
our postal address there also). Please note that we only screen films
that have not been shown in Holland before.

In addition to very recent work, we will screen documentaries that date
from the year 2000, providing they have not screened in Holland before.
All filmmakers whose work is selected for screening will be invited as
our guest to be present and take part in the discussion period that
follow the screenings.

Documentary works that function within the scope of the new media,
Internet, cd-rom or other installations etc., are welcome next to the
traditional forms of documentary dissemination.

Thank you for your attention,

Stefan Mayakovsky
Festival Director