[artinfo] Call for submissions from Variablemedia

Michelle Deignan unxposed at michelledeignan.info
Thu Apr 1 10:50:58 CEST 2004

Call for submissions from Variablemedia
---------------------------------------

This is a call for artists to submit proposals to Variablemedia, for
their on-line project space: www.variablemedia.org. Variablemedia is a
London (UK) based organisation which has been co-ordinating artists' web
projects since 2002.

Selected artists will 'occupy' the sites' space for a period of between
one and three months. A criterion of these projects is that they develop
over time as the online space is available for the artists to change,
update and add to during their project's run. Variablemedia.org presents
the artists' work in an un-mediated form; all explanatory material about
the organisation and it's projects is held at the sister
www.variablemedia.info site.

The work proposed can take any form; image, text, sound, animation etc.
though streaming video is beyond our servers capabilities at the moment.
We can provide some technical assistance in the development of these
projects such as testing and trouble shooting and do welcome artists who
do not normally make work for the web. We are a self funded organisation
and undertake to publicise the projects as widely as possible including
some paid for advertising.

To submit a proposal to Variablemedia, email info at variablemedia.info
with some written details about your proposed project and how you
envisage it will evolve online. Do include a short CV/Biog and if you
have any links to relevant sites include these. The first deadline for
proposals is 19th April 2004.

For more information on Variablemedia go to http://www.variablemedia.info