[artinfo] palya2

Kiss-Pál Szabolcs kspal@aramszu.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:31:03 +0100 (MET DST)

CALL FOR PROPOSALS: "probing into the distance" Contemporary Art Forum
(Kitchener, Ontario)
   Deadline January 31, 2003; Source: Contemporary Art Forum
 Application forms are available from our web site
<>www.contemporaryartforum.ca or by request by phone (519) 744-5123 or
e-mail: cafka@contemporaryartforum.ca
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: "Circle with a Centre " Boréal Art/Nature
Residency (Quebec)
    Deadline: January 15, 2003; Source: Boréal Art/Nature Centre
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Yaddo Residency (New York, USA)
    Deadlines: January 15, 2003 & August 1, 2003; Source: Artsadmin Digest

FOR FURTHER DETAILS: You can download a complete application package online
at: www.yaddo.org or Email: chwait@yaddo.org
or write to: Candace Wait, Programme Co-ordinator, Yaddo, PO Box 395, Union
Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS "the wholy book" (Berlin, Germany)
      Deadline: ongoing; Source: Julian Klein

project web page:
http://www.julianklein.de/whbook/whbook.htm
From: Julian Klein <JulianKlein@european-artists.de>
CALL FOR RESEARCH MATERIAL: Ph.D. study on performance art and pain
(Germany)
      Deadline: ASAP; Source: IAPAO e-list

Dear friends, colleagues, writers,  organisers!   My name is Helge Meyer. I
am working as a performer  in the Duo System HM2T (together with Marco
Teubner) and in meetings of Black  Market International. After I finished
my diploma in cultural studies about  performance art in general, I am
starting now to write my Phd about the  relationship between performance
art and pain.   The reason for this mail is that I am looking for
material. I would like to ask you, if you could help me getting in  contact
to people who work or had worked with images of pain (physically and
psychic). So, it would be nice, to send me names, addresses or  e-mail
addresses from people who could give me some interview. One part of my work
should be to make interviews  about the concepts of using pain in
performance ( What is pain? Who  observes pain - the audience? the
performer? How is it possible to communicate  pain? How can we understand
pain? What is the difference between using pain as a  play in theatre f.e.
or as a real experience in a  performance?) My project will last for nearly
three years and I  am just starting. But it would be interesting for me to
make interviews in the  beginning and in the end.   The second request is:
Do you know any  websites, archives, books, articles, newspapers, videos,
tv programmes,  documentaries which could be interesting for this
research? It would be very kind to give me this  information!   If you
allow me, I would like to contact you all  again in some month to ask more
detailed questions.   Please feel free to send me any kind of information
you have about this subject.   My address is: Helge Meyer e-mail:
spap@planet-interkom.de   Neuer Weg 9 38268 Lengede Germany   Thank you
very much for your help.   Regards Helge

/FADO/

ks/