[artinfo] CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Zoltan Laszlo zoltan.laszlo at web.de
Sat Dec 13 18:52:12 CET 2003

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Due January 15, 2004
This is a call to artists to propose works that define their visions of
terror.

TERRORVISION will explore how personal. Spiritual and physical events
influence our notions of terror. What are the events and images that
have
impressed themselves on our collective memory? How have these
unforgettable
moments, and the cultural and media artifacts that represent them, come
define our individual visions of terror? What is the interplay among the
historical, personal, spiritual, political, ethical, material, and
metaphorical in the terrain of terror? How do these definitions and
relationships change from place to place, generation to generation,
individual to individual? This exhibition is designed to serve as a
study
of terror as depicted through the ingenuity and inventiveness of today's
artists. What is their definition of terror?

These "visions of terror" can be based on: personal experiences; iconic
images or events that have gripped the national and global collective
imaginary; or any of the many mirrors in which our society's greatest
fears
are reflected--news media, film, literature, etc. Selected proposals
will
be exhibited at Exit Art in spring 2004. In addition to the exhibition,
series of film and video screenings and panel discussions will be
organized
to further explore the issues and questions raised.

Proposals may be for work in any medium. Please submit: a narrative
(maximum 500 words) describing your project idea; a sketch of the
proposed
project; a c/v; and documentation of your previous work (10-20 slides or
images on CD, or a 3 to 5 minute VHS NTSC video or DVD).

Submit work to:
Exit Art
TERRORVISION
475 10th Avenue