[artinfo] introducing introvertster

geert lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 3 16:43:22 CEST 2003

http://www.gregstorey.com/airbag/introvertster/

Introvertster is an online community that prevents stupid people and friends
from harrassing you online
You can use Introvertster to:

1. Avoid invites to chat, filter out annoying invitations for Meetup,
birthday parties, or after-hours get togethers.

2. Packet flood a friends Internet connection making it impossible for them
to send you an instant message.

3. Help your friends get a clue that you really don't like people or care
for idle chit-chat.

4. Create your own barrier to protect yourself against interaction with
people. It's easy and fun!

       Introvertster is an online anti-social non-networking community that
prevents people from ever bothering you while you're online

       How does it work?

       Introvertster allows you to create watch lists that not only helps
prevent unwanted chat invites or stupid email, but you can export the list
to the FBI's Anti-Terrorism Survelance Taskforce or local law enforcement.
Thank you God for the U.S. Patriot Act!

       How do I use Introvertster?

Just create a quick profile and add your friends to your personal watch
list. Or use our prepopulated lists like American Idol Viewers, Anyone from
Arkansas, Ford Mustang Owners, The French. We create new lists each month to
help you keep more and more people away!
Can I use Introvertster for dating?

That's a really stupid question. Introvertster is not for you. Go away.

Should I use Introvertster if I am not single?

Sure, you can use Introvertster to keep away anyone from lonley friends to
old chums from high school looking to wax nostalgic about the old days.

Why not just set your online status to Away or Invisible?

That's also a really stupid question. Introvertster is for inteligent people
who only seek to speak with other educated and well informed persons at a
specified time and place. Can an online status do that for you? Didn't think
so. Go away.

How many people can I keep from bothering me using Introvertster?

A lot! More people than living in China that's for damn sure. How many
exactly depends on how you use Introvertster. It could be hundreds or
thousands. It also depends on how many people are successfully prosecuted
after you turn them into the FBI or local law enforcement for stalking.

What does it cost to use Introvertster?

During the beta trial, Introvertster is free. After the beta trial, basic
membership will cost about the same as a basic membership to your local NPR
or PBS station. The price is high but can you really put a cost on peace and
quiet or just being left alone?