[artinfo] Call for music/sound during a Balkan exhibition by Harald Szeemann

Adele Eisenstein adele@c3.hu
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:20:09 +0200

--=====================_15330222==_.ALT

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:57:21 +0200
From: "Dr. Karlheinz Essl" <essl@eunet.at>

To whom it may concern:
Currently I am preparing a series of 4 concerts/performances and eventually
sound installations which will accompany an exhibition on contemporary art
of the Balkan, curated by Harry Szeemann (former Biennale di Venezia
director). This show entitled "Blut und Honig" ("Blood and Honey") will be
presented between May 15th - Sep 28th, 2003 at the Sammlung Essl in
Klosterneuburg/Vienna:

http://sammlung-essl.at

I am searching musicians and composers from the Balkan who are engaged with
electronic music, (interactive) sound installations and live performances
and who have to capability to perform their works themselves (--- persons
acting as composer/performer).

"Balkan" here refers to the following countries: Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia,
Bosnia-Hercegovina, Macedonia (and all other parts of former Yugoslavia),
Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Turkey.

I am mostly interested in individuals or groups which are reflecting their
socio-cultural heritage into an contemporary language using electronic
media with/out acoustical instruments (preferably those instruments which
are also used in folk music, but without just reproducing it).

Cheers,

--
Dr. Karlheinz Essl
composition - performance - improvisation

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:57:21 +0200 <br>
From: &quot;Dr. Karlheinz Essl&quot; &lt;essl@eunet.at&gt; <br><br>
To whom it may concern:<br>
Currently I am preparing a series of 4 concerts/performances and
eventually sound installations which will accompany an exhibition on
contemporary art of the Balkan, curated by Harry Szeemann (former
Biennale di Venezia director). This show entitled &quot;Blut und
Honig&quot; (&quot;Blood and Honey&quot;) will be presented between May
15th - Sep 28th, 2003 at the Sammlung Essl in
Klosterneuburg/Vienna:<br><br>
are engaged with electronic music, (interactive) sound installations and
live performances and who have to capability to perform their works
themselves (--- persons acting as composer/performer).<br><br>
&quot;Balkan&quot; here refers to the following countries: Croatia,
Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Macedonia (and all other parts of
former Yugoslavia), Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and
Turkey.<br><br>
I am mostly interested in individuals or groups which are reflecting
their socio-cultural heritage into an contemporary language using
electronic media with/out acoustical instruments (preferably those
instruments which are also used in folk music, but without just
reproducing it).<br><br>
Cheers, <br><br>
-- <br>
Dr. Karlheinz Essl <br>
composition - performance - improvisation <br>
Studio for Advanced Music and Media Technology (Austria) <br>