[artinfo] Fwd: digibodies BUDAPEST

Adele Eisenstein adele@c3.hu
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:27:54 +0200

--=====================_1442951==_.ALT

> [...]
>Jozsef Hajdu, Antal Lakner, Tibor Gyenis, Luca Gobolyos, Rajko Bizjak,
>Eclipse.
>
>OPENING RECEPTION:
>Thursday,  October 25, 2001 6 pm
>Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art
>Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2
>Budapest               tel 375 9175
>
>OPENING REMARKS
>Marta Moszczenska, Canadian Ambassador to Hungary,
>Katalin Neray, Director, Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts
>Miklos Peternak,  Director C3 Centre for Culture and Communication
>Vera Baksa-Soos (Hungary) & Marina Grzinic (Slovenia) co-curators
>
>DIGIBODIES BOOK/CD LAUNCH.
>Jean Gagnon, Director of Programs: Daniel Langlois Foundation, Montreal.
>Book & CD were produced eith the Financial Assistance of the Daniel
>Langlois Foundation.
>
>PERFORMANCE
>Would You Digitalize Your Soul?
>performance by Tanja Ostojic
>Thursday,  October 25, 2001
>
>BIO_MEDIA_FORUM
>Public Forum/Symposium
>Friday, October 26, 2001, 9am - please note the changed starting time!
>The French Institute, Fo u.17             tel 202 1133
>PANELISTS: Vera Baksa Soos, Nina Czegledy, Kim Sawchuk , Sara Diamond,
>John Tonkin, Oliver Ressler, Erika Pasztor, Nell Tenhaaf, Eric Fong,
>Balazs Beothy,
>Jill Scottt, Gusztav Hamos, Marina Grzinic, Oliver Ressler
>
>concluding event:
>"Corporeal"
>performance by Atau Tanaka
>Friday,  October 26,2001, 17.30 - please note the change in time!
>The French Institute, Fo u.17          tel 202 1133
>Supported by the Japan Foundation, Budapest
>
>WIRED BODY/MEDIATED BODY
>SCREENING OF INTERNATIONAL VIDEO
>Co-curated by Nina Czegledy, Vera Baksa-Soos, Marina Grzinic.
>Saturday, October 27, 2001
>Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art
>Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2  tel 375 9175
>
>CODE ZEBRA:
>WORKSHOP
>Sara Diamond
>Monday, October 29, 2001
>C3 Centre for Culture and Communication
>
>CODE ZEBRA:  HALLOWEEN MASQUERADE BALL
>PERFORMANCE
>Sara Diamond
>Wednesday, October 31, 2001  8:30 pm
>Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art
>Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2        tel 375 9175
>
>INTERACTIVE WEB-SITE:
>www.digibodies.org
>
>THE PROJECTS and ARTISTS in DIGITIZED BODIES:- VIRTUAL SPECTACLES have
>been received support from  The Department of Foreign Affairs (Canada),
>The Daniel Langlois Foundation (Canada), The Canada Council for the Arts,
>Social Science and Research Council of Canada, The Japan Foundation, York
>University (Canada), The Canadian Embassy (Hungary) and The Toronto Arts
>Council (Canada) and  Interaccess Electronic Media Arts Centre (Canada)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adele Eisenstein
project coordinator
C3: Center for Culture & Communication
Foundation
Pf. 419, H-1537 Budapest, Hungary
(Budapest 1014, Orszaghaz u. 9)
Phone: +361 488 7070, 214 6856
Fax: +361 214 6872
http://www.c3.hu/
--=====================_1442951==_.ALT

----------<br>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:47:35 -0400<br>
From: Nina Czegledy &lt;czegledy@interlog.com&gt;<br>
DIGITIZED BODIES - VIRTUAL SPECTACLES<br>
25 October - 25 November 2001<br>
The Ludwig Museum Budapest - Museum of Contemporary Art, in
collaboration<br>
with C3: Center for Culture &amp; Communication and InterAccess
Toronto,<br>
within the framework of the Budapest Autumn Festival, presents the<br>
exhibition and event series entitled Digitized Bodies - Virtual<br>
Spectacles. One of the primary objectives of the Digitized Bodies -<br>
Virtual Spectacles project is, on the one hand, the evolution of a kind
of<br>
interdisciplinary communication, and on the other hand, the
presentation<br>
of such artworks that demonstrate the transformation of our
constructed<br>
image of the human body under the influence of medical technology.
The<br>
exhibition - and the project in its entirety - seek the answer to the
same<br>
question, in attempting to examine our metamorphosising notions in<br>
accordance with the accelerating development of the various
technologies,<br>
and to present how artists, theoreticians and scientists acknowledge
and<br>
evaluate the digitalization of our culture.<br><br>
CANADA IN BUDAPEST&nbsp; (for the)<br>
2001 Budapest Autumn Festival<br><br>
DIGITIZED BODIES:- VIRTUAL SPECTACLES<br>
An International touring exhibition/ Symposium/ Performance series/<br>
CD-ROM/ Book/ and ON-LINE Symposium featuring the works of SIX
Canadian<br>
Artists<br><br>
CURATED BY NINA CZEGLEDY<br><br>
THE LUDWIG MUSEUM / MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART is Hungary's&nbsp; primary
site<br>
for cultural events and the dissemination of contemporary art.&nbsp; C3:
CENTRE<br>
FOR CULTURE AND COMMUNICATION is an International production centre
and<br>
venue for advanced digital research.<br><br>
THE DIGITIZED BODIES - VIRTUAL SPECTACLES project, investigates ways
in<br>
which rapidly evolving technologies affect our perception of our
bodies,<br>
our lives, our imagination&nbsp; in fact our very future. It asks
critical<br>
questions:<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>-How has
contemporary techno-science refigure the already complex<br>
dichotomies of nature Vs artifice:&nbsp; real Vs virtual;&nbsp; body Vs
embodiment?<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>-How do we
decipher the ambiguities that surround the documented<br>
data body?<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>-How can
we continue to use the term &quot;intimate&quot; (perception), in<br>
an age when Barbara Stafford has written that: &quot;the
computer-mediated<br>
milieu renders the body nakedly public?&quot;<br><br>
The questions Czegledy poses are hugely significant in this complex
time<br>
which surrounds us. In her early writing Czegledy presciently
enquired<br>
&quot;How do we preserve our individual integrity without becoming
[mere]<br>
electronic spectacles?&quot;<br><br>
EXHIBITION:<br>
Digtialis Testek/Digitized-Bodies<br>
October 26-November 26, 2001<br>
Nell Tenhaaf, Jon Baturin, Eric Fong, Jack Butler, Nina Czegledy,<br>
Hilda Kozari/Tibor Vamos, Orshi Drozdik, Gabor Kerekes, Zsolt Peter
Barta,<br>
Jozsef Hajdu, Antal Lakner, Tibor Gyenis, Luca Gobolyos, Rajko
Bizjak,<br>
Eclipse.<br><br>
OPENING RECEPTION:<br>
Thursday,&nbsp; October 25, 2001 6 pm<br>
Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art<br>
Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2<br>
Budapest&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
tel 375 9175<br><br>
OPENING REMARKS<br>
Marta Moszczenska, Canadian Ambassador to Hungary,<br>
Katalin Neray, Director, Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts<br>
Miklos Peternak,&nbsp; Director C3 Centre for Culture and
Communication<br>
Vera Baksa-Soos (Hungary) &amp; Marina Grzinic (Slovenia)
co-curators<br><br>
DIGIBODIES BOOK/CD LAUNCH.<br>
Jean Gagnon, Director of Programs: Daniel Langlois Foundation,
Montreal.<br>
Book &amp; CD were produced eith the Financial Assistance of the
Daniel<br>
Langlois Foundation.<br><br>
PERFORMANCE<br>
Would You Digitalize Your Soul?<br>
performance by Tanja Ostojic<br>
Thursday,&nbsp; October 25, 2001<br><br>
BIO_MEDIA_FORUM<br>
Public Forum/Symposium<br>
Friday, October 26, 2001, <font color="#FF0000">9am - please note the
changed starting time!</font><br>
The French Institute, Fo
u.17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
tel 202 1133<br>
PANELISTS: Vera Baksa Soos, Nina Czegledy, Kim Sawchuk , Sara
Diamond,<br>
John Tonkin, Oliver Ressler, Erika Pasztor, Nell Tenhaaf, Eric Fong,
Balazs Beothy,<br>
Jill Scottt, Gusztav Hamos, Marina Grzinic, Oliver Ressler<br><br>
concluding event:<br>
&quot;Corporeal&quot;<br>
performance by Atau Tanaka<br>
Friday,&nbsp; October 26,2001, <font color="#FF0000">17.30 - please note
the change in time!</font><br>
The French Institute, Fo
u.17&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; tel 202
1133<br>
Supported by the Japan Foundation, Budapest<br><br>
WIRED BODY/MEDIATED BODY<br>
SCREENING OF INTERNATIONAL VIDEO<br>
Co-curated by Nina Czegledy, Vera Baksa-Soos, Marina Grzinic.<br>
Saturday, October 27, 2001<br>
Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art<br>
Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2&nbsp; tel 375 9175<br><br>
CODE ZEBRA:<br>
WORKSHOP<br>
Sara Diamond<br>
Monday, October 29, 2001<br>
C3 Centre for Culture and Communication<br><br>
CODE ZEBRA:&nbsp; HALLOWEEN MASQUERADE BALL<br>
PERFORMANCE<br>
Sara Diamond<br>
Wednesday, October 31, 2001&nbsp; 8:30 pm<br>
Ludwig Museum Budapest/Museum of Contemporary Art<br>
Varpalota, Szent Gyorgy ter 2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
tel 375 9175<br><br>
INTERACTIVE WEB-SITE:<br>
THE PROJECTS and ARTISTS in DIGITIZED BODIES:- VIRTUAL SPECTACLES
have<br>
been received support from&nbsp; The Department of Foreign Affairs
(Canada),<br>
The Daniel Langlois Foundation (Canada), The Canada Council for the
Arts,<br>
Social Science and Research Council of Canada, The Japan Foundation,
York<br>
University (Canada), The Canadian Embassy (Hungary) and The Toronto
Arts<br>
Council (Canada) and&nbsp; Interaccess Electronic Media Arts Centre
(Canada)</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Adele Eisenstein<br>
project coordinator<br>
C3: Center for Culture &amp; Communication<br>
Foundation<br>
Pf. 419, H-1537 Budapest, Hungary<br>
(Budapest 1014, Orszaghaz u. 9)<br>
Phone: +361 488 7070, 214 6856<br>