[artinfo] ( ( ( o ) )()o ) call for proposals

Wieland Hoehne wieland@filmladen.de
Tue, 8 May 2001 16:43:03 +0200

-------------------------------
Download Entry Form:
http://www.filmladen.de/dokfest
-------------------------------
ANNOUNCEMENT
This year's Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest will take place November=
 14-18, 2001. The Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest is a festival which=
 aims at providing insight into current international documentary filming=
 and video work. We intend to present critical, ambitious and entertaining=
 documentary films and videos committed to both reports on current affairs=
 and off-beat topics.
The video section of the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest is also=
 interested in experimental and artistic videos, which reveal the use of=
 video specific means.
The exhibition MONITORING presents media art installations and sculptures.=
 The entries should include a detailed sketch of the project and a list of=
 the technical equipment needed.

PRECONDITIONS
We look forward to receiving your new works - produced in 2000 or 2001 -=
 until August 15, 2001. If the original version is neither in English nor in=
 German, you should subtitle your work or include a text file in English.
The selection will be finished by October 15. We will inform you about our=
 decision soon after. If your work is selected, you will be contacted for a=
 screening copy.

PRIZES
=46or the first time in our history, we are able to award prizes. For=
 supporting the Media development in Northern Hesse, an outstanding regional=
 production is going to be awarded with a prize worth of DM 5.000 sponsored=
 by the local daily newspaper HNA.
The Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. awards the "Werkleitz Award 2001" providing=
 payment in kind of technical support worth of around DM 10.000. The aim of=
 the "Werkleitz Award" is to honor and support artists which works indicate=
 in a very special way the innovative use of digital media.

INTERFICTION
This year's interfiction conference including lectures, presentations and a=
 seminar focuses on the topic "multifiction://intershop. With or against the=
 current - world wide web based streaming media between art, cultural=
 industry, and commerce".
Watch out for the call for papers or projects online at www.interfiction.net=
 (upcoming end of May).

Again, the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest will cooperate with oVid -=
 an internet database for experimental film and video art:
http://www.werkleitz.de/ovid=20
18. Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- & Videofest
November 14-18, 2001

Download entry form:
http://www.filmladen.de/dokfest

dokfest@filmladen.de